• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stanley BR72 and BR67 Hand Held Breaker Charge

cherokee101

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced alternative to the Stanley nitrogen charge kit for these hammers or know the proper threat for the charge port and where to get it?

I acquired one of these from a combat engineer vehicle. It appears unused and maybe 20 years old. I finally got around to using it and of course the seals are old and quickly failed and it leaks now like a screen door on a submarine.

To replace the seals you have to discharge the nitrogen from the accumulator then recharge it. Stanley wants $600 for the friggin' little charge kit. That is robbery and stupid money. I see all manner of kits on Ebay for the job but not certain the fittings will fit the charge port on the hammer.

Help appreciated.

I built a fixture for the quick attach plate and affixed the driver to it, bought a 3" pin driver and it beats posts in at least 5' so far with little effort. I'd like to get back to post pounding.