• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Squareshooter SS-836 engine stalls.

Max1985

I think Delmer is correct (post #3) in that you have a suction issue whether it be a restriction or air infiltration.

Also the pumpguys advise in post #12 needs to be followed as well.

According to Deere's build codes on that engine their is a mechanical lift pump on that engine mounted by the Deere distributor who sold the engine to Squareshooter. See attached picture for location. I also attached your build codes. It helps if you need to order parts.
Yeah I found it. I was even messing with it thinking it was some sort of accumulator. I was looking for the more well-known lift pump thinking that’s what it had and looked right passed it. Don’t know why it hadn’t dawned on me to search it up. Thanks. And as for the air leak issue. I think it was at the lift pump. Yesterday I ran it for about 45 minutes and drove it down the road in 3rd gear full throttle and it didn’t die. Hope that fixed it. Thanks everybody for your time.