• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

square pipe????

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I meant at least it didn't stop the job.

I hear ya'. What I was referring to is the overall decision making on the design of these things into projects from the higher ups.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I think also, that our breed simply doesn't like to waste time and efort, even if we are being paid for it. It just isn't right...

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
I think also, that our breed simply doesn't like to waste time and efort, even if we are being paid for it. It just isn't right...

I agree. and that really don't look like anyplace freindly to amphibians ro me either. On the other side of the critter either being in territory or not around here we aren't supposed to have any wild felines running around but we do and the fish and game folks don't believ us until we get pictures. I've shown them several pictures and sign/tracks/scats and they still say they aren't here. :beatsme if they weren't that would be well and good, but they are and these idiots tell me otherwise? As far as the salamander thing in your area reddot and eddie, it doesn't surprise me these poeple can't take hard verified evidence for what it is. It makes me wonder sometimes if we weren't at our peak as a species in the 1800's :mad: :(

Turbo21835

Shrimp, what shrimp, I don't see any shrimp.:rolleyes:

Puddle, what puddle, I don't see any puddle either.:rolleyes:

And if you say you seen either of them, I will deny it.

Dont worry JD, id be the first guy to fill that puddle in. I dont know how you guys get anything done out there.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Yep ours are bigger

DSCF0070.jpg

these were cast here to be lifted in to the cut when the road bed settles.

jjmcnace

Reddot would you mind telling me how you cut your safety slopes? It looks like teeth marks from the excavator, are you setting your tracks to that angle to dig them, they look very good! We usually just bench of our excavations that are over 4' deep.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator

lectro88

Occupation
master electrician/owner
Tree huggers at again. think I'll go dig a few up, trees that is. I thought/thunked you try to keep mud dirt out somewhat.

KW318

It is amazing how easily these mokes spend our money! No matter how much we give 'em, they always find a way to spend it all - and then some.

The only people putting up high level "LEED certified Green Buildings" are the government, who else would even consider a return on investment that could run 50 years before a payback. I have worked closely on some of these Green Buildings, and to me they are a fraud.

The only redeeming factor is that we in the construction business can profit from these projects, but the cost versus payback is something very few of us would spend our own money on.

My 2c - Thanks

Jeffksf

Occupation
Mouse operator
The other day I was pushing my kids in the stroller on the way back from the park and I noticed somthing moving on the ground, before I realized what it was I had run over a salamander. Luckily for him I only got his tail and I think they can grow new appendages when they lose them. I guess we could use a box culvert undser our sidewalk:beatsme

maple flats

Occupation
bus driver, farmer
And I see it as one of the reasons why California (and many other states) are bankrupt. What a waste of taxpayer dollars.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
I saw a news story recently where there was going to be a bridge upgrade over a local river. I forget what sort of endangered species they were worried about, some sort of shellfish i think. Anyway, getting on the endangered species list means you get an unlimited budget to protect them. They spent $100,000 over 5 days relocating these shellfish from the riverbed below the bridge to the riverbed upstream of the bridge. It was good work for about 10 people, mostly shills(students)

Even the reporter was rolling his eyes when he told how many shellfish they relocated. 11 was the total for the week. Oh yeah, that species will last at least another thousand years....:Banghead

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
they do a similar thing over here with little fences to protect newts...most jobs these days have these lttle black fence everywhere, all you hear is don't track near the fences or damage them be careful of the newts.....went on a demo job once and got held up because of bats in the building so had to pull off that job.