• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Spot lights or flood lights for 580K?

nilzlofgren

I want to upgrade the lights on my 580K. I found a nice set of LED's. I'm not sure if I should go with floods, spots, or both. I have 4 lights in the front, and 4 in the back. Any thoughts? Thanks. John.

heymccall

Floods are what's on all my machines.
I put HID H-3 lamps in a few ABL flood housings. Trick is to find a suitable place for the ballast. 2 $25 lamp housings plus $50 HID kit = BRIGHT. $50 a lamp, or $25 a lamp if you already have the housings.

sheepfoot

Still running factory lights, two spots and two floods front and rear. Have not changed up any yet to led's still with oem lights for now. I like distance and area when at night working when needed.

fishfighter

Google Coastal night lights. They make some great LED lights that are for boats. Spot and flood lights. I used them on a couple boats that I was very happy with. They are a complete unit that runs off 12volts and pull little to no power.

Last edited:

frogfarmer

All of my lights are 50W floods and adjust left right up and down. I try not to run the machine in the dark but the floods have always worked well.

JDOFMEMI

I would stick with all floods in the rear, as you will always be digging within their range. For the front I would do 2 spots in the center and 2 floods on the outside. When travelling forward, you need the distance view to know where to go, and the flood to light up where you are working.