• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Spicer 5+4 Trans Set Up / 13 or 18 speed swap?

Chopper95

Side story as well...

Old title didnt come with a printed weight for the truck, so DMV didnt like that when I went to get a title and said I needed a scale ticket.

Well... I bounced my way about 20 miles down dirt backroads and across farm fields to get to the nearest elevator with my "one front blinker, no rear lights, 50pmh max speed, twin stick" buggy and then 20 miles quickly back after getting my scale ticket (24,500) and Mr Sheriff going the other way gives me a little look as I'm leaving the scale

Runs and drives no problem really! Will cruise about 50mph no problem, 55 is really tops. No big leaks or issues during our little journey. Twin stick aint too hard, really just leave it in high and drive it like a 5 speed.

Was a fun (slow) trip for a few hours

Truck Shop

Answer-Last A model on highway A model cab was built on Australia in 1989.
The C500 with the A cab was offered all the way up to 2010. But could be ordered either way A or B cab.
Glad I questioned that, learned something today like everyday.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Hallback,

Is that the Carey Creek truck? (Black and Orange) The one that came down from Alaska and the McPaul Crane truck was the sister truck to it?

What are the specs on it?
Yes, Carey Creek (Josh Hays) only had it a short while. Brandon DeAtley bought it from Mike Plaas, sold it to Josh for a year & bought it back in 2014 and I got it from Brandon last year.

49pacific

How bad was it to do the wiring?
It was a big job. I ripped all the wiring out of the cab and did all new. Drew my hole dash out on a 4’by8’ pice of ply wood and started running wires and plugged into motor. I’ve done engine swaps on off highway logging trucks and it’s fairly easy to do the wiring tie into a old truck