• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Spicer 5+4 Trans Set Up / 13 or 18 speed swap?

Truck Shop

This is a better angle of B cab, top of cab is not as round plus there is a seam line on the sides of cab
where the stacks mount, that's the easy give away-B cab is 3" longer.

002 (10).JPG

Truck Shop

Funny thing is there was never a A cab till the B cab was built. A friend has a 1983 500 with a B cab.
Wonder if the A cabs were used till supply ended or both were offered as options.

Tyler d4c

I just put a 3406E model in my 67 Hayes. I put a 18 speed behind it with the original 4 speed(can’t think off hand what the number is). We pull are lowbed with it. It’s nice when in the bush we put the A box in second and in the highway we put it in 3rd still haven’t gotten a long enough straight stretch to get her maxed out yet
How bad was it to do the wiring?

Chopper95

638E6E2A-4484-4281-8BC7-6C2C8066E6FF.jpeg D4518B04-3A66-41AF-A040-01BEDCD56D77.jpeg

Truck Stop,

Not bashing by any means, but I’m a weirdo who takes door tag photos and here are the ones for my 84 and the 83 steel hood.

Definitely A model cabs though like you said. I photographed an 86 dump that’s basically identical to mine last year and it was even labeled a C500A on the door tag despite being an 86

I was always curious when the A cut off was or whatever because it never made sense to me when looking at various trucks in person.

Chopper95

Hallback,

Is that the Carey Creek truck? (Black and Orange) The one that came down from Alaska and the McPaul Crane truck was the sister truck to it?

What are the specs on it?