• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Specs on a 955K

trob

Spec Plate

Can someone help me with the dipsticks below the floor cover on a 955k? I've purchased one and haven't found an owners manual yet, I'm wanting to use it and need to know what kind of oil to put in and where it goes to. I'm a new member so I can't start a new thread yet. I promise I'll have pictures when I can.

There should be a plate on the right near the armrest that has all the info you are looking for. I saw you were looking for bucket teeth in another post. It wouldn't let me reply. I have gotten bucket teeth from heavyquip for about 10 bucks each but you'll need your part number.

Dozer-Dan

There should be a plate on the right near the armrest that has all the info you are looking for. I saw you were looking for bucket teeth in another post. It wouldn't let me reply. I have gotten bucket teeth from heavyquip for about 10 bucks each but you'll need your part number.

Cheers I'll take another look but I haven't seen anything.

Kirby955k

Good morning,
Could anyone assist with determining the year and what engine is in my 955k Cat. The serial number is 85j00478. Local cat dealer parts guy couldn't find anything on it. I'm planning to sell it and want to give the correct information on it. I was told by one cat person that it may be a 3304. When I had the panels off I didn't think to try to locate the engine number, but now that I'm going to post it... I'm just not certain enough after reading some posts on it possibly having a d330. If the engine number is critical to have I can travel down there this weekend to obtain it and then repost. Thanks for any help. This was a fun machine for some of my hobby work. Hate to have to sell it. IMG_5411.JPG IMG_5416.JPG IMG_0570.JPG
IMG_5411.JPG IMG_5416.JPG

Last edited:

361brock

Occupation
retired
I see you still have the 24V generator, good luck finding replacement for that, you'll need to upgrade to alternator if the need arises. Looks like you indeed have the d330.