1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Sooooo... How's everyone's quarantine going?

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by simonsrplant, Mar 20, 2020.

1. seatwarmer

seatwarmer Senior Member

Enterprise Engineer
    Our lock down starts tonight.
    Not really worried, me and SO work from home for the duration of the lock down.
    Also got a permit to travel in my area for callouts and on standby as a ambulance driver if shyte really hits the fan.
    And the yard is 1000 square meters, if cabin fever strikes.

2. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

Let me clarify my position a bit. Im self employed and work alone. I travel to each job alone, and 95% of the time I am working to repair equipment alone. The only interaction I get with others is IF I go to the grocery store with my wife. I know I am in a unique position which indeed helps to keep the fear away.

Wytruckwrench, mg2361, Nige and 5 others like this.
  3. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
    Yeah, I used to just go in with a hex editor and find what I needed for fixing files/recovering things like pw's and such but nowadays most all the decent photoshop type proggies have tools in them to find/insert/change just about any data you want....

DMiller likes this.
  4. dozr

dozr Well-Known Member

excaving
    work here as allways chicken and cows have no off day, the good they are out in open blue sky. be safe an god bless!

Tenwheeler and DMiller like this.
  5. dozr

dozr Well-Known Member

excaving
    sillej you have winch chain or cable on tracks, if nothing else pole from track to track tie to tracks and pull under machine out it comes may have to do a few times if bad , but you always have way out

DMiller likes this.
  6. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Senior Member

Thinker.jpg

sfrs4, JPV, Ronsii and 4 others like this.
  7. sillej

sillej Member

Got my brother to come over with a winch. Tied truck off to a tree and winched it out.

DMiller and highwayghost like this.
  8. sillej

sillej Member

Had my forks to move some logs. They just churned the soup more.

Ronsii and DMiller like this.
  9. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Cousin hung a 555G Deere, high centered it in a old pond bowl, only needed a assist off his farm tractor and two old snags pitched into rear to get rails up on something solid.

Ronsii likes this.
  10. DIYDAVE

DIYDAVE Senior Member

Beautiful sunny day, here, got to like 58ºF, here, today, got to do something I like to do. Working on a produce wagon, for a friend. Basically putting a roof on a old hay wagon. Put the end frames on, and it was about an inch outta square (measured diagonals) Hooked a come-a-long to the long side, pulled the 2X6 frame, right into square. Locked it there, by inlaying a couple 1X6 braces, into the top surfaces of the 2X6's, and glued them in with gorilla glue and 2 screws per brace end. Man that pin oak 1X6 sure was hard screwin! Hadda start the screws, then back out, repeat several times, for each screw! Sure beats waitin in line, fer TP, though!:)

aighead, Tugger2, Ronsii and 2 others like this.
  11. Blocker in MS

Blocker in MS Senior Member

D4616D4C-0135-41FD-ABD1-775711842DE1.jpeg Number One and Number Two helpers working on putting thumb on machine down.

Pretty day here. It got close to 90° today. A3BA7420-D0BE-473D-A160-91F04BE3F214.jpeg

12. cuttin edge

cuttin edge Senior Member

Finish grader operator
    cold here this evening. Puddles from snow melting today are frozen

DMiller likes this.
  13. 4x4ford

4x4ford Well-Known Member

aunts on the strip Currently drive a 1951 chevy pa
    91f here today spent it building fence for goats

DMiller likes this.
  14. Kiwi-truckwit

Kiwi-truckwit Senior Member

Day 2 in lockdown today. Considering if I can cryogenically freeze myself in the chest freezer for the next month.

15. seatwarmer

seatwarmer Senior Member

Enterprise Engineer
    A notice from the Psychiatric Association:
    Dear citizens:
    During the QUARANTINE time it is considered normal to talk to your walls, plants and pots. Kindly contact us only if they reply.

16. DIYDAVE

DIYDAVE Senior Member

Did I hear a request?

17. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Was in mid 70s here yesterday, already well over 60 as a rolling warm front moves north. Quite an impressive light show around 2 this morning as I walked off another sore night, rains followed the I-70 corridor KC to STL we were spared.

Local restaurant we often stopped into was running a carryout special yesterday, Pan Fired Chicken with smashed taters white gravy and a peas mixed vege du jour with a piece of Carrot Cake for $9. Wife and I sat at the river front after she got off work, watched the water pass and listened to the UP train that blew thru picnic style eating dinner then came home.

18. dozr

dozr Well-Known Member

excaving
    nice here too,work allways got rid of three houses of chickens (30000) trying to clean out houses, get new ones in three weeks. track bobcat t200 is brain dead got it on trailer to go to mobile for new one ,1840 case fan belt went to making noise, yea about like any other day, at lease cows stayed put . it was a good day to be alive.

DMiller, Labparamour and doublewide like this.
  19. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Senior Member

How much room do you have? Rental space available?

20. dozr

dozr Well-Known Member

excaving
    have my dads small house on 57 acers sister has 20 on each side all neighbors are good

JPSouth, Camshawn, DMiller and 3 others like this.