• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sooooo... How's everyone's quarantine going?

donkey doctor

Occupation
retired
I can pretty much tell when there's American politics being discussed, but I'm not really familiar with Canada's internal goings on. There's no breaking of HEF's 'No Politics' rule happening here, is there?
Just a little family squabble. Nothing to get excited about. Let it play out/ d.d.

Welder Dave

While not a fan of BC's premier because he doesn't support the Trans-mountain pipeline from Alberta but BC pipelines are fine, I have to somewhat agree with his logic that if people can't even visit sick relatives in the hospital how the $#@! can you have the NHL back playing? Canadian football is looking for gov't. assistance too. Actually all the Cad. political parties were applying for and getting emergency funds re/ CV19 because the document wasn't properly thought out. I gained some respect for a few members of parliament that said political parties should not qualify for emergency funding.

McDonalds actually has the coffee that Tim Hortons used to sell which would explain why it's very popular. Tim Hortons found a cheaper supplier but are losing sales to McDonalds so it might not have been the best business decision. McDonalds wasn't even on the radar for coffee several years ago.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Here is how it spreads. New Brunswick borders on the province of Quebec. They have the highest infection rate in the country. New Brunswick has had one of the lowest infection rates. A health care professional went to Quebec to visit family or whatever, and did not self isolate for the 14 days,but went back to work. Suddenly he, and people he has been in contact with are infected. As a Doctor, how many people has he seen, and who have they seen?

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
I can pretty much tell when there's American politics being discussed, but I'm not really familiar with Canada's internal goings on. There's no breaking of HEF's 'No Politics' rule happening here, is there?
Not everyone makes it as obvious as I, do they.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
About Minnesota....
I'll bet Governor Ventura would have handled these disrespectful, ungrateful slimy little rioters/protesters an entirely different way.
Instead, todays squeezably soft governors almost seem to welcome/accept the fact that there will be more "peaceful protests " happening. Really? Way to encourage the riots by not discouraging the behavior of these peaceful protesters . Grow a set and stop this.

s-l300 (2).jpg s-l300.jpg

Fat Dan

They wouldn't accept it, they'd rather overpay. Their contract is 45 days after invoice date 2% + their banks prime rate which is 2.85% but they have no intention of honoring that even.

For everyone else i'm going to be putting 2% per month for anything past 30 days though.

I've just had it with them once i'm done this basement i'm not interested in doing anymore work for them regardless of the rate, unless they pull their head out of their a$$, which I don't see happening. The way they are building the units is going to have so many issues it's not even funny, and i'd rather get out before the lawsuits start piling up.
In Alaska last time I checked, 40 some odd years back, it was 10.5% interest compounded dally. Course you could be talking apples and I could be talking out my prostate now days.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
crazy weather here temperature wise. Friday and Saturday was 97, and this morning was 41. Should be around 60 this time of year. Black flies and mosquitos are crazy bad.

Flat Thunder Channel

Skeeters are out in full force here too. Called the lawn care company today, they'll be in to spray for them on thursday. :)

Ed

I never tried having a professional spray for them, but contemplated a fogging machine once......Luckily I no longer live at the address with the skeeter problem. I had to buy a mesh screened hat / neck gator just to make it to the truck without getting nailed by five different skeeters. Let us know how it works.

suladas

While not a fan of BC's premier because he doesn't support the Trans-mountain pipeline from Alberta but BC pipelines are fine, I have to somewhat agree with his logic that if people can't even visit sick relatives in the hospital how the $#@! can you have the NHL back playing? Canadian football is looking for gov't. assistance too. Actually all the Cad. political parties were applying for and getting emergency funds re/ CV19 because the document wasn't properly thought out. I gained some respect for a few members of parliament that said political parties should not qualify for emergency funding.

McDonalds actually has the coffee that Tim Hortons used to sell which would explain why it's very popular. Tim Hortons found a cheaper supplier but are losing sales to McDonalds so it might not have been the best business decision. McDonalds wasn't even on the radar for coffee several years ago.

Makes sense. Any time tim hortons gets something decent on their menu it's gone in no time. I can deal with their lunch once in awhile it's ok, but I have to choke down their horrible excuse for breakfast if I have no other options. And god forbid they could get my order right, I would guess it's about 20%. Mcdonalds on the other hand has good breakfast and virtually always gets my order right. I don't get why so many hate on Mcdonalds, it's good. By far the most consistent place for pop too I find.

Bumpsteer

Occupation
Mechanical designer
I never tried having a professional spray for them, but contemplated a fogging machine once......Luckily I no longer live at the address with the skeeter problem. I had to buy a mesh screened hat / neck gator just to make it to the truck without getting nailed by five different skeeters. Let us know how it works.

We've used him before, they use backpack leaf blowers with a chemical tank to apply. The mix has 2 things, the posion and an exciter that makes the skeeters fly up into the spray fog. In dry weather the treatment lasts 4-5 weeks.

I built a pavillion in the back of the house, worth the money to spray as we use it daily.

Ed

20190611_172725.jpg