• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sooooo... How's everyone's quarantine going?

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I suggest BC review section 6 of The Charter of Rights and Freedoms. We have the right to travel and work wherever we please within this country.

big ben

Yep. I'll wait until B.C is broke and begging for tourists. I'll be sure to tell anyone from B.C I encounter in Alberta (including those who work here) to go back to B.C to return the favor.

You have a real arrogant attitude if you think B.C can survive without outsiders.

Of course BC need tourism, who said it didn’t ? I’m really sorry COVID 19 inconvenienced your summer camping plans in BC.

Speaking of broke provinces how about if you guys ever forgive us for this terrible treason of keeping people safe you take some notes on tourism as your going to need a lot more of it sooner than later. With billions of oil royalties gone and nothing to show for it, look in the mirror instead of lashing out and calling down the rest of Canada for your own problems.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I was reading this morning that all this BS could possibly put 256 million people at risk of starvation due to disruption to food supply chains. People are too narrow minded to see the big picture.

suladas

Of course BC need tourism, who said it didn’t ? I’m really sorry COVID 19 inconvenienced your summer camping plans in BC.

Speaking of broke provinces how about if you guys ever forgive us for this terrible treason of keeping people safe you take some notes on tourism as your going to need a lot more of it sooner than later. With billions of oil royalties gone and nothing to show for it, look in the mirror instead of lashing out and calling down the rest of Canada for your own problems.

No summer plans to visit B.C before this virus hit. As soon as they objected to the pipeline my dollars voted to go elsewhere.

Oil gone? Demand for oil isn't going anywhere, it's just a matter of who supplies it. The only problem Alberta has is that it is being blocked on every corner trying to produce anything meanwhile on both coasts of Canada they'd rather import oil from places like saudi arabia. B.C would rather import jet fuel from non-ethical countries and those tankers are fine coming into their ports, but a pipeline or oil tankers? No that's bad!

suladas

On the bright side of all this going on, travel is going to be cheap once it's back. Fingers crossed enough places in Europe lift restrictions for the winter. Places are going to be begging for tourists so stuff will be cheap, and there's probably a lot of people terrified to travel so things shouldn't be too busy. I need a vacation so win-win!

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
No summer plans to visit B.C before this virus hit. As soon as they objected to the pipeline my dollars voted to go elsewhere.

Oil gone? Demand for oil isn't going anywhere, it's just a matter of who supplies it. The only problem Alberta has is that it is being blocked on every corner trying to produce anything meanwhile on both coasts of Canada they'd rather import oil from places like saudi arabia. B.C would rather import jet fuel from non-ethical countries and those tankers are fine coming into their ports, but a pipeline or oil tankers? No that's bad!

I curbed a lot of my spending in BC due to the anti-Alberta attitude there. Some summers I was spending 5 figures there.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Funny thing is, everyone is so bent outta shape over folks travelling inter-provincially but nobody says a thing about all the folks flying in from out of the country.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Hey, the Canucks wouldn’t let me in to look at boom boat.

big ben

I can pretty much tell when there's American politics being discussed, but I'm not really familiar with Canada's internal goings on. There's no breaking of HEF's 'No Politics' rule happening here, is there?

Nope nothing to see here. Just checking in on how life is east of the Rockies.

PS If you have any left over panels from your Mexican wall let us know as we might need a few between AB and B.C.:)

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I can pretty much tell when there's American politics being discussed, but I'm not really familiar with Canada's internal goings on. There's no breaking of HEF's 'No Politics' rule happening here, is there?
I don't know if I would call it political, as much as you stay in your yard, I'll stay in mine.