• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sooooo... How's everyone's quarantine going?

Honcho

Hey Honcho, how you doing this morning?
My last post I guess was on friday. Well after all those maipulations with antivirus, pine oil fumes inhalations, after two days I felt almost fine, disapeared heaviness in my chest, I breath deep, throat is not soar, the only thing is that occasionaly I cough, or clear my throaght. Coagh is not dry or harash. The other thing I noticed cold air is not good for me. So I went out as little as I could. Yesterday I didn t feel quite well but not bad, I thought that today I would report the hospital. But this morning I feel great as if nothing ever happened to me, just flashed my nose, rinse it, and I m almost fine. went out for half an hour, to take out trash bin, trash collector is 300yards away. Every where on a streets are patrols, of police, highway police, n national guard all togather. I guess I ve had an easy form of corona. it is due to my autumn vacination. Have had no muscle pain , or head ache.

doublewide

Sounds like you're doing better. Be mindful of fever coming on.
Overall, how are things where you are? Lots of covid cases? Deaths? I don't hear much on the news?

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Call me entitled but if I was a trucker who worked for a big trucking company i'd be saying i'm done working until there are places to eat, shower, and go to the bathroom. I think if a few big trucking companies said they had no drivers willing to drive because of that they'd open up places pretty quick.
I had a heated facebook discussion with an entitled little p. It was a post thanking truckers for keeping things going. He said big deal, he still had to work every day. I told him, yes, there are people in essential services that deserve thanks, but do you have to take a dump in the parking lot behind your store, do you sleep in your work station. Do you live on chocolate bars, chips and munchies from a gas station ( although he probably does ) no hot meals, no place to shower, or even freshen up

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Easter bunny came. Daughter was up a 5:30. Wish I could get excited over a chocolate bunny, some peeps, and a few chocolate eggs. Think she might be just humoring her mother and I, as I heard her tell the dog that Mommy must have picked this stuff up before covid 19.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
So I lost a bet with my daughter after Christmas. She was not doing so well in math. I told her that if she put some more effort into it, and I would help her, that she could do better. One test she had to review what they had done so far, made her really nervous, she wanted to do well. I said if she could get 100%, I would give her my new 55 inch smart tv for her room, but even if she did her best, I would be happy with her because I know she was putting in the work. She was watching You tube on her new 55 inch smart tv on her bedroom wall the other night, and there is this family fun pack that she watches. It is a family of 8, and they record stuff they do every day as a family. They have a home in Hawaii as well on the mainland. I got thinking dad must be a Dr or something, so I looked them up. They make $16000 bucks a day by posting videos on you tube. Because of their following, they have many sponsors now as well. This is not like a tv show, mom films footage on her phone, and dad adds music and editing on his laptop. Who would have thunk it?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Did a little review and posted this on another forum:

The actual probabilities of Rural Americans becoming infected or transferring the virus on everyday products is around 1 in a zillion. Based on numbers of infected and their known whereabouts, as to the longevity of the virus on surfaces that do get disinfected in UV systems or are sprayed with a disinfectant in large scale operations. As to those already quarantined those odds keep widening not narrowing. We keep distances and avoiding the major metro regions while NOT allowing travel of people Within those regions out to rural and this will widen as exponentially as developed.

Current population STL and County around 1.2 million total Covid infected there just over 2100, with infected across the ENTIRE state just over 4000 in 6.1 million.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Worst thing is that there are so many sources of information out there, it's hard to know what's true. The wife watched a video the other night, and they say that this virus is too perfect to be natural. The body of the virus is so pure, and the little feet are a perfect match to our own cells. I have not watched the video myself, but she said it is a documentary style, and not some nut raving on.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Have at least a Happy Distanced Easter everyone

This is definitely an odd kind of Easter. No church with the folks. No visiting with the kids, family and friends.
I think I'll surprise mom and take a drive to go see her.
Quarantine or not, she's always happy when I stop by.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
This is definitely an odd kind of Easter. No church with the folks. No visiting with the kids, family and friends.
I stopped at mom's the other morning when I was done plowing. My sister lives with her so she is not alone. She had a few things for my daughter, and some home made wool socks, and molasses cookies for me. I just stayed in the entry way and she stayed in the kitchen. She's in her 80s so I don't want to take the chance. She calls every day, but it was good to see her. She is only 15 kms away, so she is used to me stopping by almost every day

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
The other half and I are going to load up some snacks and stuff, and take SuperFord for a cruise in the country away from any other people. I've had enough sitting around this week. Got trucks waiting in the morning and I've told everybody to stay away from me for the next week.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder

At least with gas being cheap right now I can smile while driving that V-10. ;)
Might even fill that 70 gallon tank on the motorhome next week and be ready for some fun traveling to nowhere land. Our shoot got washed out, but no reason I cant hang out at the range and practice. The owner and i have been discussing borrowing the neighbor's grader and doing some improvements.

Last edited:

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic

Had a nice visit with mom today. I really should get out to see her more often. Lord knows that I could never seem to find the time when she was alive. Now that she's gone, it seems like I have nothing but time. Holidays .....all of them are nothing but painful. I really need to get my head screwed back on straight and get back to work. For me....its always better when I work.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Police raided a home here on the weekend. The home owner was fined $10000 for holding a house party. Anyone that didn't live in the home was fined $1000 for breaking the ban on public gatherings enacted by the emergency measures act

suladas

Police raided a home here on the weekend. The home owner was fined $10000 for holding a house party. Anyone that didn't live in the home was fined $1000 for breaking the ban on public gatherings enacted by the emergency measures act

I guess it depends how many people were there and what they were doing. People are foolish if they are ok with the government trying to control things this much. It will be a cold day in hell before the government tries to come into my home and tell me I can't have a few people over.

I was curious and looked it up, we didn't violate anything here actually, the law is gatherings not allowed for 15 or more.