• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sooooo... How's everyone's quarantine going?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
From the Forum Rules:

No discussion of politics unrelated to the heavy equipment industry should be made. Slanderous references to political beliefs or parties should not be made within these posts, such as flaming lefty, right wing zealot or other similar type label.

No posts of religious or racist content may be made.

Fortunately, we haven't very often had to remind anyone of the Forum Rules with reference to religion--certainly not nearly as often as we've had to remind people about politics. (Which, admittedly hasn't been terribly often either.) Nevertheless, if it's going to be mentioned at all, it should be understood that the same sort of standard applies. The words chosen should avoid "labels", or even overly broad generalizations, which some might find offensive.

Thanks in advance for taking this into consideration.

Welder Dave

What about the Amazon warehouse staying open despite an employee testing positive. A group of employee's are staying home without pay. If anyone should be charged maybe that's where they should set a precedent and fine Amazon. Would anybody want to work in a building where someone tested positive? Other people could be positive and not showing symptoms yet. Not like Bezo's can't afford to pay employee's to stay home. He's worth over $105 billion.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...-stays-open-despite-coronavirus-case/2244955/

doublewide

Local grocery store just announced that they have an employee test positive. Store's still open.

Truck Shop

There are cases everywhere, hell there's five in this town and Pasco, Kennewick and Richland-The Tri Cities is expected to balloon. It's only 50 miles away. I just keep my distance
stay washed and keep the work area clean and people in it on their toes about distance and wearing gloves around the truck cabs and anything the driver would touch like landing gear cranks,
glad hands, hood latches, def caps grab bars and handles of any kind. It takes longer to get a job done when doing all that but it's safer on everyone. And parts people drop the parts outside
the shop. I can control 98% of what happens in the shop by staying on everyone's butt and making them understand things have changed.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Listened to a doctor being interviewed, stated obese are first up serious cases followed by smokers/vapers, anything as cause for already labored breathing will see a serious level on case. Have been several very healthy persons died of this while some had only flu like symptoms. Worse case scenario, brother's ex co worker, felt like having heart attack so went to and walked in ER, was a Covid Positive, within two hours was on a ventilator in ICU and comatose. 10 days later he is recovering but still sick yet off the vent. They believe he was infected at COMO airport picking up a kid as a Uber Driver.

DIYDAVE

Then there's that bible thumper in Florida they arrested for holding services just the other day!

Maybe we should just let them all get together and then set up a perimeter around them! Deliver food and other supplies but not let them back out till they are all "cured"

They just had a preacher defy the order here, too. Bowie, MD megachurch, the evangel cathedral, or something like that. Preacher was touching congregation, as he touched, they fell to the floor. I know that virus is fast, but didn't know it was that fast!

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/prince-...-holds-service-in-defiance-of-governors-order

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Well the **** hit the fan here today. My daughter is a guard at the state prison located in town here. For the last two weeks they have checked the guards every day on their way in for symptoms of the viris. Yesterday, a prisoner had symptoms and tested positive. Today five more tested positive as of 2 PM. Turns out the busloads of prisoners they are nillie willie bringing in being hauled in from all over the place are not given even a sideways glance as far as health is concerned. I'm a bit worried about it all. Son in law is under a mandated 2 weeks quarantine from his hospital construction job because the almost two year old granddaughter had a fever one day. Day care required him to pick her up as the daughter was working at the prison and they are short handed so lots of double shifts. Now with 3 kids ranging up to eight years old and momma's in a sick building every day. They better be doing a cell lockdown and confine in place. Not much different than the brave folks working in the hospitals. I give them all a ton of credit and all my gratitude.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The Amazon thing has two sides. Amazon says the guy told them he was exposed and they told him to stay home. They say he came in the next day and did this strike thing. The news media right now is only telling his side of the story.

I've got hundreds of cases all around me. So far I don't know anyone that has it. My mother is in memory care and those people are all scared. No visitors and suppliers can only get to designated entrances and areas. I dread the phone call if it gets in there.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
They all say the same thing Stay home if you can, keep your distance if you can't. I went to get a few supplies today, the grocery stores are just as busy as always. Some people get it, some don't. Most avoid coming close, others will reach across in front of you to get the frozen peas. They say the virus is a protein wrapped in a fatty liquid, that's why soap gets rid of it, because once it loses it's coating of grease, it degrades. If it likes grease, I'm glad I'm not a mechanic. A mask won't really help unless someone sneezes or coughs in your face, but it can prevent you from touching your face.

Kiwi-truckwit

Well the **** hit the fan here today. My daughter is a guard at the state prison located in town here. For the last two weeks they have checked the guards every day on their way in for symptoms of the viris. Yesterday, a prisoner had symptoms and tested positive. Today five more tested positive as of 2 PM. Turns out the busloads of prisoners they are nillie willie bringing in being hauled in from all over the place are not given even a sideways glance as far as health is concerned. I'm a bit worried about it all. Son in law is under a mandated 2 weeks quarantine from his hospital construction job because the almost two year old granddaughter had a fever one day. Day care required him to pick her up as the daughter was working at the prison and they are short handed so lots of double shifts. Now with 3 kids ranging up to eight years old and momma's in a sick building every day. They better be doing a cell lockdown and confine in place. Not much different than the brave folks working in the hospitals. I give them all a ton of credit and all my gratitude.
Before the lockdown I was involved in the construction of a prison complex. There was a prisoner suspected of carrying the virus pre-lockdown, and the first any of us on the construction site knew was when it was in the media.