• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some things just make me mad

goodB0Y

Occupation
equipment operator
ok so there is this company that has been coming to my town to do demolishing work. well they torn down one place one day i couldnt make it to that one. well today i managed to go down and watch them tear down a old burger king, well these guys have brand new equipment personally i think the pc 200 they are using is under sized for the job they are doing but thats my opinion. but anyways it just looks like they went out bought this equipment and they are just tearing it up bad, i mean ive never seen a company mess their equipment up as bad. has anyone else ever seen this type of stuff going on????

We see guys like this every once in a while... usually one guy with a bit of money and a friend who needs a demo done. Then they go out lease a machine ( 20 ton is a good size for anything under 3.5 stories IMHO) and start under cuting all the reputable guys here in town.

company like these don't last too long around here, and most experienced contractors know beter than to use them... but they do bite into our work and make the whole industry look bad. I've seen these guys at work and it's not pretty to watch...

After 6-8 months after there equipment is trashed and they mess up a couple of jobs and miss there lease payments... they usually just fade away... ... .. .

edit: probably should have said 3 story wood structures

Last edited:

redneckpete

Hey, I abuse my machines and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. I push them to the max day in and day out. I do big jobs with small machines and huge jobs with medium sized machines. When they are stuffed, I throw them out and buy another.

I also make money along the way. I pay for the machine, pay my wages and have enough left over to buy some really nice toys. What more do you want?

If you had enough time to sit and watch the clowns tear the building down, I can't understand why it is that you couldn't get there to do the job.

Pete

destroyer

Occupation
Making Pins Bushings Attachments
Equipment Damage

Happens in Here in La Sometimes Usually a Not Experienced Operator or the Boss's Kid Jacking it Up

Grader4me

Hey, I abuse my machines and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. I push them to the max day in and day out. I do big jobs with small machines and huge jobs with medium sized machines. When they are stuffed, I throw them out and buy another.

I also make money along the way. I pay for the machine, pay my wages and have enough left over to buy some really nice toys. What more do you want?

If you had enough time to sit and watch the clowns tear the building down, I can't understand why it is that you couldn't get there to do the job.

Pete

Missed this one. To each his own..Maybe he is a bit young to do the job??
I find it strange that you call the operators clowns that are tearing the building down, but you openly admit that you abuse your equipment :confused:

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I hate to see a machine abused to, Ive done alot of demolition and never used the bucket like a hammer. I saw an outfit here that other day the operators had 2 new hoesone was a Doosan and the other was a Cat not even a week old and they had the counterweight in a pile of bricks on the Cat. The Cat eventually quit swinging becauseso much fell between the tracks and tail. They tore the crowd arm cylinder out of the Doosan with a beam in the building trying to demo the pad behind them. I cant for the life of me figure why they didnt leave the pad to back trucks onto and demo and load and then start at the back of the pad and demo out and stay out of the mud. This is how I did my first big demo as lead operator overthe job. This building was a 3 story brick warehouse.

goodB0Y

Occupation
equipment operator
Nothing bothers me more than operators who abuse there machines... we had a couple of guys who worked with us who were brutal on the equipment... but now that good operators are easier to find with the economy the way it is...they were the first to go... and they cant find any one to hire them...

redneckpete... most try to keep there equipment in top condition as it's a big investment... and equipment break downs cost too much money... you must have a real good gig if ya can trash your machines and throw them away to buy new ones all the time.