• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some slope pics

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
After looking at another thread on slopes I got motivated to scan these pictures and post them.

azwestgun.jpeg

azwestblade2.jpeg

azgradecheck3.jpeg

aznorth4.jpeg

azwater5.jpeg

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
more pics

The first pic here is looking back from the corner, the next two are on around the corner.

azfromcorner.jpeg

azsouth7.jpeg

az2south8.jpeg

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
more pics

Backfilling a fence.
The last picture is an center shift extension that let me do those slopes setting on the flat.

azfence.jpeg

azfenc10.jpeg

azcheater.jpeg

Eric

That's good stuff. I've been wanting to see pictures like that for a while. Post more if you got them please! Thanks.

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
And about 10 years after those jobs a pic of the blade I bought, and a pic a couple years later of hauling the scraper home I had bought.
There was an alley between the grader and those old barns on the neighbor, barely had room to park the grader on my lot.

blade.jpeg

scrape.jpeg

That was a hired truck hauling the scraper for me.
The D6C was my first machine. I sold it a couple years after moving back to Ks to work it and worked for others for 6 years before buying the blade.

Attachments

• d6.jpeg
    d6.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,125
Last edited:

Northart

Canal ?

Hello ZHkent,

Looks like a flood or storm drainage project . Is that shotcrete they are putting on ? Arizona ??

1st time I seen a grader without a cab . Looks weird.

Nice old JD Model A ??

Fence ?? :) Looks like a wall ! I know different ideas around the country . LOL

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Looks like some skillful operating. It's hard to run a grader, not a lot of grader operators around anymore.

tomsy

Looks like some skillful operating. It's hard to run a grader, not a lot of grader operators around anymore.
I'll second that, with all the technology these days, GPS, Lasers and what ever else they come up with, there are not many grader operators left at all. Alot will say they can do it but put them in the seat and they haven't a clue.

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
Kinda got carried away with scanning and posting pictures hey?
That is a "B" John Deere 1951 model that Grandfather bought new. Dad always used it and a lister when he would plant corn.
I heard the spray on concrete call gunnite, maybe the same as shotcrete? Yep that was in Tuscon Arizona and was flood control.
There was a scraper hand that helped me with finishing that, did a really good job. Didn't see a picture of him though... Good scraper hand makes life a lot easier.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
ZHKent wrote "There was a scraper hand that helped me with finishing that, did a really good job. Didn't see a picture of him though... Good scraper hand makes life a lot easier."

A lot of guys (but no one who has run one), think that all you can do with a scraper is hog out a lot of dirt, and that's all you do and it's easy. A lot of people don't know what a good scraper operator can do.

Bluetop Man

Occupation
farmer
A lot of people don't know what a good scraper operator can do.

Enjoyed the great pics. A good scraper hand can almost eliminate the need for a finish blade man. Both are equally as hard to find these days. I know some Mennonite boys pulling double pans with ag tractors who can make you think a job was finished with a garden rake.