1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Some random pics

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by nedly05, Oct 26, 2007.

1. nedly05

nedly05 Senior Member

Thanks!
    The fire truck is in there because our station got destroyed by hurricane Irene, I have 3 trucks here. Check out www.keenefiredepartment.com it's a work in
    Progress but it gives you an idea of what happened. More pics will be posted soon.

2. nedly05

nedly05 Senior Member

3. DEERE310SG

DEERE310SG Well-Known Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Ok wow that was bad. Well that is cool that they have a place to put them for now.

Kyle

4. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    I have owned 2 C's and they were very good machines. Currently I don't have one but actively looking for a decent one at a good price, which is quite a struggle. I have a 953C, D5G, 533E compactor, skids and support equipment. A 315 size machine would round out the equipment stall for the type of work that is currently available.

5. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member

X2 for me. I have only owned (1) but it has been great so far. It's a 2003 (I bought it new 12/03) and it now has +/- 5,000 hours. Like my other Cat (416C w/12,000 hrs, also bought new) I have a hard time finding fault with the product or the support. I do mostly custom resi and light commercial. It has been a good choice as far as size goes. It is long U/C and long stick. This affords the reach of a 20 ton, but not the power or stability, but it's only 8'6" wide so it fits in more places.

6. OldandWorn

OldandWorn Senior Member

Ouch Nedly! Is there a small creek behind the station?

Plans on rebuilding?

7. nedly05

nedly05 Senior Member

We are in the process right now. I was not able to be on the building comittee, there was just too much going on to be able to commit to the meetings and such. We are making progress with our new land, and we have a design. Funding is the big thing now.

8. nedly05

nedly05 Senior Member

Mack is done!

We got her all finished up and out of the shop yesterday. I got the wrong size bolts for the ladder and have to grab the new hubcaps from the old shop and she will be complete. Tell me what you think of the red under the box. Thats the primer color, but weve been leaving the underside of the boxes that color. I like it personally, I think it breaks up the black a little!

Attached Files:

9. nedly05

nedly05 Senior Member

A couple more!

Attached Files:

10. OldandWorn

OldandWorn Senior Member

The truck looks good Nedly. :thumbsup

Primer normally requires a top coat but that coating looks like it has plenty of gloss to seal and protect it.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  11. DEERE310SG

DEERE310SG Well-Known Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Look's great !

Kyle

12. dirty4fun

dirty4fun Senior Member

Looks good to me, I like the look ot the primer. Did you coat the primer it does look a little glossy? Since you are done does this mean you are headed to my place to do my excavator? I wish I was that far along, but don't think I want it black.

13. Colorado Digger

Colorado Digger Senior Member

snow situation looks similar to here. up high there snow but little to be had in the valley's. fotos look good on the mack, how many miles on here now?

14. nedly05

nedly05 Senior Member

Thanks guys! When do you want to start dirty? We can shoot yellow paint too. The truck has 95,000 miles.The snow is gone here now 55 and raining.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  15. dirty4fun

dirty4fun Senior Member

It is ready when ever you want to start nedly. I have been nursing a pulled muscle in my back, or it would be ready to paint, well close. I am hoping to get the main body painted this spring then the boom latter. I picked up a job that they want done pretty soon, but the roads are posted right now. With the warm weather we have had, and next week supposed to be warmer, with a rain they may take off the weight limits for roads. Picked up the primer yesterday, hope to have all the bad spots primed over the weekend. It is looking pretty rough right now.

16. Winch Cat

Winch Cat Active Member

Recovery and haulage of equipment (and vehicles).
    I was wondering about the pictures of the firetruck in your shop also. For the longest time it did not make sense to me as to why a Keene fire engine was in your shop over on Adirondack Street. But then you posted these outside shots of the Mack and it looks like it is up on Alstead Hill which makes a whole lot more sense to me than being over in the Valley. Nice job on the paint. It really makes it sharp. And with the single axle being painted to match you have a much more uniform looking fleet now. I like that. I will tell you more about my new lowboy(s) when I see you next.

17. nedly05

nedly05 Senior Member

Thanks! Yeah we are in the process of moving to the new shop. Cant wait to hear about your new trailer

18. nedly05

nedly05 Senior Member

Hard to type with this phone! Haven't seen you in a while, stop by the new place the next time you're in the neighborhood .

19. nedly05

nedly05 Senior Member

Some pics.

First pic is a bucket skidder that belongs to Nelson Tree. They blew the motor and needed it pulled out to the road and pushed on a lowboy. I wanted to take more but I had my hands full!

Attached Files:

20. nedly05

nedly05 Senior Member

These are from earlier in the spring. The house fire was here in town. It was a total loss, fully involved on arrival. The Mack getting her first load since her paint, and the loader moving fill from a borrow pit we dug to fill a low spot in a customers yard.

Attached Files: