• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some Random pics of my yarder and equipment

Oregon logger

HI ya'll im pretty new here, but heres some of my equipment.

88 washington 8v71, Danebo carriage, Running skyline.

027dlw.jpg

006vw.jpg

008cz.jpg

009in.jpg

020ff.jpg

001vpv.jpg

011yta.jpg

027nq.jpg

Oregon logger

The boom got bent on a move, so we replaced the bent part, long story.

The dangle head is a log max 9000, it works good for smaller diameter logs, anything over 20" or so it strains, the knives get cracks in them frequently, mostly from oversized logs, but the Warratah's are alot tougher, and they use 3 feed wheels instead of 2, lot less slippage.

Hillbillybjopkr

Occupation
Logger
lol..that's why I say a stroker is better in big wood. Beins your just a bit north of me i'm sure your dealin with the same kinda wood I am......especially seein all that doug fir next to that madrone. If I can get it in my trough...which i think is just under or just over 40"...or just under. I can work it up. There is some wood I have a hard time pickin up that fits.....thank god I have a smart CAT skinner. He used to run delimber and if he thinks it's somethin i'll have a hard time gettin up.....he'll hold it up so I can grab it square and pull it in. A processor might nail my backside in small wood...I'll admit.....but I got 'em in the big sticks. I love my ride lol. Today was our "big log" day. ONly loads we sent out was Doug Fir....41' long, 20" at the top. Pretty big wood for us. Shovel could bairly get them on the truck. I had no hope's in hell remotely pickin them up. 50+" at the butt

Last edited:

Hillbillybjopkr

Occupation
Logger
LOL...love the chunk a madrone sittin there. Every time I see a Madrone "BUSH" come in the landing...i wannna punch our Timbco guy. he get's it for firewood. It's a PAIN to stroke. My boss I think has me stroke it on purpose cause it throws me into a fit..he thinks it's funny

Oregon logger

Yeah it's way to small of a head. would serve better on our thining side, but it's with me for now. when he gets one that he cant pickup and swing to the shovel, we have a hook on the heel rack and hang a choker off it. our shovels are just big enough that they can pick 99.5% of the logs we get. i believe there 60" grapples. Though we have had to bridal a few and hang them from the grapples.

Most of our Madrone goes for firewood, sell it by the truckload. it IS a PITA. I think its funny watching our processor operator try to handle them. lol