• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some pics of my current project

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
This hitch has obviously had a crack running around the front for quite some time. We've had the machine about 2 years.
So...the plan. glue everything back together, put it on a lowbed and send it to the yard.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
I would hope welded just enough to move it to a disassemble location and either fix the break or swap the Neck Castings.
Exactly what is going on. There is a spare hitch at the shop that will be swapped out with this one. This one will be a spare after it is rebuilt.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
This here is what you call a
"Stinger clinger ".
It's what happens when your push block climbs up and gets hung up on the lead machines stinger. These things happen when you try to hook up when you shouldn't be trying to hook up. The result is the second machine being left high and dry with one or both tires spinning. Sometimes you get lucky and break free...maybe bighting your tongue as your head hits the inside of the cab. Sometimes you rip the push block off. But not these two clowns. Like 2 horney dogs, they squirmed, tugged and pulled for almost 1 hr before they finally broke free. Personally, I would have sprayed them down with a water truck.

20220215_082646~2.jpg20220215_082728.jpg