1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Some pics of my current project

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by RollOver Pete, Apr 22, 2007.

1. RollOver Pete

RollOver Pete Senior Member

Operating Engineer/mechanic
    I can dig it....
    20211113_063006~2.jpg

JPV, DB2, DMiller and 1 other person like this.
  2. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Doesn't seem very big for a 1200 size machine. It appears to need lots of cooling capacity. That bucket is interesting. What good do the bottom pieces do for the digging process?

RollOver Pete and DMiller like this.
  3. hosspuller

hosspuller Senior Member

A question for the forum... Why is the tow loop painted black on one side with the other side yellow ?

4. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Almost Retired
    Black on Drivers side so can see it as hooks up?

Contrast to the hooked to unit Yellow hook and tail.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  5. DB2

DB2 Senior Member

So the headlight doesn’t reflect back so badly when the bail is raised in low light operations ? Thinking about the cylinders on a grader and how they went from yellow to black or gray as time progressed.

RollOver Pete, hosspuller and DMiller like this.
  6. RollOver Pete

RollOver Pete Senior Member

Operating Engineer/mechanic
    I load 50 ton tucks in 3 passes. I don't know if that's good or bad but I usually have enough time to eat a sandwich or smoke a cigarette. The bucket has replaceable wear blocks. They extend the life of the bucket floor by wearing out first. Much easier and cheaper to replace instead of replacing the entire floor.

59 North, DB2, hvy 1ton and 3 others like this.