• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some pics of my current project

Swamp rat

That is part of what makes a UNION so useless - cannt even run a machine w/out A/C ?????? Its time for some people to grow a pair and be a real Operator , next they gonna require someone to operate it for them so they dont have to get off there phone and cause any inconvence to them.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
That is part of what makes a UNION so useless - cannt even run a machine w/out A/C ?????? Its time for some people to grow a pair and be a real Operator , next they gonna require someone to operate it for them so they dont have to get off there phone and cause any inconvence to them.

Trust me, the union has no say in wheather a machine has air.
MSHA, on the other hand, requires any machine that came with air to be maintained with air.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If you fellows are gonna turn this into a union bashing thread...I'll lock it down. Trade unions are strong in some areas, and it serves their members daily. If you choose to be non-union in your area, that's your choice, but they ain't no sense in using HEF as a platform to smear unions. HEF takes a neutral stand on union or non-union, and we hope our members do the same, but at the same time, using HEF to bash unions or union members will not be tolerated.

Sawdus22

Tell me more about your 3500. I really like the look of it. What is the brand of fuel tanks and toolbox you have in the back of it?

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Tell me more about your 3500. I really like the look of it. What is the brand of fuel tanks and toolbox you have in the back of it?

The tanks and box is from Weatherguard. I can carry a total of 200 gal.
PA290986.jpgFullofit001.jpg
My truck weighs just over 11,000 lbs as it sits.
PB191011.jpg

I no longer use the gas compressor. Instead I use an electric XD4000 which takes up less room and works just as good.

f7a21b19.jpg

When I set this truck up, I did it with the idea that whatever job I was working at the time, the job would more than pay for the truck. And thats how its worked. Fuel, tires, oil plus the extra overtime from using my truck on jobs has more than made my payment, insurance and covered my expenses. I have never worked on a job where once the contractor realized the extra service that I could provide, he didn't go for it. Any hauling..... my hourly wage + $.65 mile.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Mods....Smarty, home made cold air intake, 1 piece drive shaft, twin disk clutch, air bags and no stinkin' muffler

021110003.jpgIMGP0246.jpgIMGP0286.jpgIMGP0556-1.jpg

RollOver Pete

Occupation
That 245 sure looks like it was kept in good shape. thanks for sharing

This machine was by far one of the finest excavators I have ever ran.
Simple, direct and to the point, with this machine, I could out load and out dig anyone running an electronic machine of the same weight. This machine was a diffing monster. And it never broke down while I was on it.

IMGP0187.jpgIMGP0077.jpgIMGP0146.jpgIMGP0174.jpgIMGP0185.jpg

RollOver Pete

Occupation
By now, I'm sure this machine has gone off to auction....replaced by a newer electronic green machine :bash

IMGP0063.jpgIMGP0077.jpgIMGP0146 (1).jpgIMGP0174 (1).jpg

bigshow

We just scrapped a 245 with an M.E. package that had a touch over 20,000 hrs. on it. Sure was a shame to see it go, just a good hard working backhoe. Thanks for sharing those pics, that is a good looking, straight hoe.

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Thanks for sharing ROP... there's something about those old 200s, they just look like brutes. I've never had an opportunity to run one, but I wouldn't mind taking one for a spin.

Looks like that trench had a little water in it, haha. :drinkup

Swamp rat

Rollover - i have looking into the same air compressor as you have - can you give any info, likes , dislikes about it.
How hard is it on the alternator to be able to maintain the needed amperage to run it. I was considering adding one or two of the batteries as you have and connect with the 2 already on the truck ( F-350 w/ 7.3 ) .
I have a couple 15 gal tanks mounted under my bed and would connect it into them to have the extra volume, normally my most need is for a 1/2 impact , but sometimes i do have to pull out a 1" tire impact on occasions. The only other big use is a plasma cutter - but not much needed for it.

thanks for any information.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
^^^X2

I love the old cats unless they were real tired other then tracking with them that kind of sucks.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Rollover - i have looking into the same air compressor as you have - can you give any info, likes , dislikes about it.
How hard is it on the alternator to be able to maintain the needed amperage to run it. I was considering adding one or two of the batteries as you have and connect with the 2 already on the truck ( F-350 w/ 7.3 ) .
I have a couple 15 gal tanks mounted under my bed and would connect it into them to have the extra volume, normally my most need is for a 1/2 impact , but sometimes i do have to pull out a 1" tire impact on occasions. The only other big use is a plasma cutter - but not much needed for it.

thanks for any information.
Likes....it works.... runs my 1/2, 3/4 impact, as well as drill , grinder and cut off wheel.
Dislikes.......none.
This compressor replaces the gas compressor I had chained up in the back.
It works just as well, takes up less space and I don't need to haul gas around.
1 extra battery should work for you. Use big cable and run your idle up to about 1200 rpm's. At 200 amps max,
It will pull a load and pull your engine down a bit but so far, so good. I've had this comp for 3 years and I have yet to ruin an alternator. When I do, I'll put another one in.
The key here is keeping your batteries, cables and any connections in 100% perfect working shape. If this can't be done, then this compressor isn't for you.

390eric

I always wondered if it was possible to retrofit a compressor onto the 5.9 cummins engine. Talked to a guy at work who knows them well, said they go where the vacuum pump is on the older ones, since the new ones are all hydroboost, no vacuum pump. Wonder if the new engines have that blocked off or what, just something always been curious about. Been thinking bout doing a 5.9 swap in the old ford, thought it would be nice to have access to air.