• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some Pics From Gerhart's Yard in PA

cat345bl

Occupation
Trucking Industry
The Green letourneau, is an ex James D Morrissey scraper. I believe Gerhart bought it at an auction in the 1980's. It is in great shape, you can still make out the jdm lettering on it.

I also think they have a ex gradall also used to be owned by jdm, for sale.

Last edited:

dieseldave

dieseldave; how often are the shows at gerharts, and thank you for the oppertunity to photograph youre d9. any chance you know of any scrapers working arround the area, i will wait to hear, thanks. ts24 frank

Frank, I sent you a PM, I'm going to run the D9 this week if the weather holds.

Here are a couple more pics- not from Gerhart's because I'm still sorting my computer since it's crash- but from my own collection of junk. 983 and JD 300 backhoe, 983, D9 and D2

Attachments

• c38167aa_170063.jpg
    c38167aa_170063.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 2,388
  • 25c68a69_156927.jpg
    25c68a69_156927.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 2,397
  • 5feea40c_296412.jpg
    5feea40c_296412.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,414

goodwin

Occupation
beef producer
cat769 dumper

I used to operate a 769c underground, it had an ejector tray on it,
they only let the best operators drive it because it was so dangerous.
the only way to stop it if you were going down the decline(even empty)
was to cautiosly apply the retarder,if you forgot, and hit the brake it would just slide into the wall!
with a full load of lead ore on, the left front wheel would clear the ground by at least a foot going uphill, if there was any camber on the road.
all this bieng said, it moved twice the dirt of all the wagners and toros,
havent thought of that in years, thanks for reminding me:drinkup

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Those graphics slow my computer down too.If you have a slow provider it might seem as though it was locking up because it is probably waiting for the files to download.I am using Cox and they are pretty fast but I have to wait some for the pages to load.Ron G

joelwelder

Occupation
building trades rig welder ua local 322 southern n
that 769 a used to belong to james Julian inc. wilm. de he had a fleet of 15 or so. did a lot of welding and mechanical repairs on those over the years. a jump start a little either they'd fire right up!

Koehringman

Gerhart's update..They're having a show May 4th 2013 and October 4th and 5th. Excited to go now that I've learned abot this place.

renaud

Hey Dieseldave keep em coming. Love looking at the old stuff, just wish they could talk and tell their story.

I could'nt agree more with you on that.....Theire would be some interresting stories that's for sure!!!
I went there my self last June.Spent a whole afternoon wandering around and being amazed by everything i saw.
Thanks for posting.
Max.

Brockwaykid

Truklodyte- Brockway made their own chassis, and got their cabs from the same company mack did, Sheller Globe. the brockway cabs were different in design to the macks in a few different ways. the clutch pedal was through the floor, roof vent was farther back, and the cowls/firewalls were different. Brockways always had their own steering wheels too. Not sure where you are getting this information from.... The cabovers however did share the same cabs as mack and hayes.

rayman

Hi guys, that little yellow T6 Michigan truck crane was also built in the UK by "Allen" of Oxford. The crane was driven from the truck engine through a split box (disengage the diff. shaft and engage the crane shaft) and up the center of the king pin.pnuematic diaphram clutch controls, normal friction brakes. They came with lattice crane boom (40') 1/2 yd, front shovel, or dragline. The English units had either a 5LW Gardner or 4BK Dorman engine. They were a very nice rig and easy to operate too.
regards ray