1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Some Pics From Gerhart's Yard in PA

Discussion in 'Old Iron!' started by dieseldave, Mar 2, 2010.

1. ts-24 frank

ts-24 frank Well-Known Member

retired trucker-part time bus driver
    scraper

dieseldave; great shots of the scraper, the last one is a LETURNU isent it. ts-24frank

2. cat345bl

cat345bl Well-Known Member

Trucking Industry
    The Green letourneau, is an ex James D Morrissey scraper. I believe Gerhart bought it at an auction in the 1980's. It is in great shape, you can still make out the jdm lettering on it.

I also think they have a ex gradall also used to be owned by jdm, for sale.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  3. dieseldave

dieseldave Senior Member

Frank, I sent you a PM, I'm going to run the D9 this week if the weather holds.

Here are a couple more pics- not from Gerhart's because I'm still sorting my computer since it's crash- but from my own collection of junk. 983 and JD 300 backhoe, 983, D9 and D2

Attached Files:

4. du5tyl

du5tyl Active Member

I really like those restored semi-trucks. They are awesome.

5. goodwin

goodwin Active Member

beef producer
    cat769 dumper

I used to operate a 769c underground, it had an ejector tray on it,
    they only let the best operators drive it because it was so dangerous.
    the only way to stop it if you were going down the decline(even empty)
    was to cautiosly apply the retarder,if you forgot, and hit the brake it would just slide into the wall!
    with a full load of lead ore on, the left front wheel would clear the ground by at least a foot going uphill, if there was any camber on the road.
    all this bieng said, it moved twice the dirt of all the wagners and toros,
    havent thought of that in years, thanks for reminding me:drinkup

6. frenchriverland

frenchriverland Active Member

Do you have any steam cranes?

7. dieseldave

dieseldave Senior Member

Gerhart's doesn't have any, but there's one at Rough and Tumble that I might have some pics of. BTW, I really enjoy your website http://frenchriverland.com/index.html , the pics and stories are fantastic, but every time I go there my computer locks up. That happen to anyone else?

8. RonG

RonG Charter Member

heavy equipment operator
    Those graphics slow my computer down too.If you have a slow provider it might seem as though it was locking up because it is probably waiting for the files to download.I am using Cox and they are pretty fast but I have to wait some for the pages to load.Ron G

9. joelwelder

joelwelder New Member

building trades rig welder ua local 322 southern n
    that 769 a used to belong to james Julian inc. wilm. de he had a fleet of 15 or so. did a lot of welding and mechanical repairs on those over the years. a jump start a little either they'd fire right up!

10. Koehringman

Koehringman Well-Known Member

Gerhart's update..They're having a show May 4th 2013 and October 4th and 5th. Excited to go now that I've learned abot this place.

11. glenlunberg

glenlunberg Senior Member

Supervisor
    Cool pictures Dave! I really love seeing scraper machines. They're look very hot!

12. renaud

renaud Well-Known Member

I could'nt agree more with you on that.....Theire would be some interresting stories that's for sure!!!
    I went there my self last June.Spent a whole afternoon wandering around and being amazed by everything i saw.
    Thanks for posting.
    Max.

13. Brockwaykid

Brockwaykid Member

Truklodyte- Brockway made their own chassis, and got their cabs from the same company mack did, Sheller Globe. the brockway cabs were different in design to the macks in a few different ways. the clutch pedal was through the floor, roof vent was farther back, and the cowls/firewalls were different. Brockways always had their own steering wheels too. Not sure where you are getting this information from.... The cabovers however did share the same cabs as mack and hayes.

14. rayman

rayman Well-Known Member

Hi guys, that little yellow T6 Michigan truck crane was also built in the UK by "Allen" of Oxford. The crane was driven from the truck engine through a split box (disengage the diff. shaft and engage the crane shaft) and up the center of the king pin.pnuematic diaphram clutch controls, normal friction brakes. They came with lattice crane boom (40') 1/2 yd, front shovel, or dragline. The English units had either a 5LW Gardner or 4BK Dorman engine. They were a very nice rig and easy to operate too.
    regards ray