1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some of the equipment I get to run

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by Cat 140M AWD, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Cat 140M AWD

Cat 140M AWD Well-Known Member

Motor grader operator
    Here's one of the 2012 Cat 140M AWD2 I get to run image.jpg
    Here's a 2004 772CH I operate for another on of my townships image.jpg

2. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    Here's the second 2012 140M AWD2 I run for the township image.jpg
    Here's a picture of a 1974 140G doing dirt work last fall image.jpg

3. monster76

monster76 Senior Member

that is one piece of equipment id like to learn to operate. ive never even jumped in one

4. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    There a fun machine to run ive be operating for 7 yrs now and enjoy everyday of it. I will say the blade is probably one of the hardest machines to learn how to run but if you have a good operator to watch and learn from it will be easy for ya i hope your able to get a chance at running one there a verey veristile machine and not just anyone can hop in the can and do it. Oh here's the last blade pic it's my dads 140h he owns the 140G also in the above picture image.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  5. monster76

monster76 Senior Member

i just dont have any one to learn from and most of the grader operators ive met just plain suck lol but its a machine i really want to learn to run

6. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    Got some better pics of couple of the blades I run ben working after dark a lot lately so got some pictures with the lights on image.jpg here's a pic of the 1 of 2 140M AWD2 I run after I washed it and waxed it image.jpg

7. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Well I would rate down near the bottom of the deck for grader operators. We inherited a JD 570 to help maintain roads in the quarry. We were told fix it to use it or cut it up for scrap. As of now maybe that would have been the better choice. After finding cracked manifold and burnt valves sent head out to be rebuilt, it turned out to be cracked. After getting that back together spent several days repairing or should I say undoing repairs made over the years to the wiring. Then while washing to inspect for leaks noticed a couple pins that hold the left front wheel on were broke and ready to fall out. Then noticed one the guides for the side shift of the blade to be worn and letting the blade hang loose. Well got that all more or less fixed and decided to go for test run. While running along on a fairly smooth section of the quarry floor with blade down something when bang! Stopped fast but noticed something not right with the blade. Long story short snapped the yoke that holds the blade assembly to the front frame! Seem years ago there was this four inch pipe cut off flush with the stone floor that now sticks up maybe 1/2 inch! Anyone want to offer lessons via email on how to not break a grader?:confused:

8. glenlunberg

glenlunberg Senior Member

Supervisor
    Nice equipment. And it looks like it can really done lots of jobs.

9. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    It snowed 7 inches and the wind blew like heck so made some nice drifts so I will have some snow plowing pics for ya guys here's one pic of a bad spot I was in going to be a long winter. image.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  10. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    Ok I don't know how my pics got put upside down can anyone tell me how that happened ?

11. bill onthehill

bill onthehill Senior Member

I can't tell you what you did wrong but here they are corrected. 2 image.jpg image.jpg

12. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    Thanks Bill on the hill for correcting that for me

13. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

Ahhhh..... Falls snow iron.... the best in my opinion.

14. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    I will somewhat disagree with ya on the falls snow equipment there v plows aren't bad but really dont care for there wings I like baldeson snow equipment better baldeson has a lot better mounting system then falls for the wing just my opinion there regardless they both get the job done

15. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    We'll I've ben busy plowing snow this yr v plow and the wing are all shined up all ready getting some bad roads here's a pic of a spot I had to push back the other morning image.jpg I also made a YouTube video of me plowing snow but don't have a clue how to post the link on here but if ya guys want to check it out just search 772 CH plowing snow and it will come up for ya.

16. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    Here's a pic of me plowing snow with a cat 140M AWD2 really like plowing snow with this machine easy to handel and has the weight and power to really move the snow image.jpg then I got a picture of the other cat 140M AWD2 I was blading this fall got a nice picture with the sun going down image.jpg

17. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    I got to run my first Deere 772GP yesterday was impressed with it think there ahead of cat by leaving the steering wheel in there machine. Here's a picture of the one I was running image.jpg

18. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

Lmao.... funny I have Balderson and Falls both.... can't stand the Balderson.... the Falls IMO will stay in the cut much easier. That's why both companies can stay in business.

19. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator
    well I finally got a new computer so figured id update this post here is a few recent pictures of the machines I'm running 2015-11-22_08.44.08.jpg 2015-11-22_08.43.44.jpg 2015-10-10_15.07.02.jpg

20. Cat 140M AWD

Motor grader operator