• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some "M" questions

oversize

Occupation
low loader driver
OK I am not operator I transport machines, I had to pick 14m the other day a band new one and take it to the cat dealer, 1) how does the rear steering work and is there a switch to turn it on

2) where is the control for the ripper's ( where not fitted but the machine had the mounts for them )

3) what is the rocker type switch for on the front of the right joy stick for

Thanks for the help

66ken

OK I am not operator I transport machines, I had to pick 14m the other day a band new one and take it to the cat dealer, 1) how does the rear steering work and is there a switch to turn it on

2) where is the control for the ripper's ( where not fitted but the machine had the mounts for them )

3) what is the rocker type switch for on the front of the right joy stick for

Thanks for the help

1) The articulation is done by twisting the LH stick. This function is disabled from the factory and has to be turned on by a laptop computer prior to delivery.

2) There are 4 finger switches on the right side of the cab, or a small joystick that can be programed to run it.

3) It is the resume function for throttle control.

oversize

Occupation
low loader driver
1) The articulation is done by twisting the LH stick. This function is disabled from the factory and has to be turned on by a laptop computer prior to delivery.

2) There are 4 finger switches on the right side of the cab, or a small joystick that can be programed to run it.

3) It is the resume function for throttle control.

Thank you I will have to look for the switch for the ripper next time i load one that has theam fitted,

CAT140H

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Just to veer off a bit but a question about graders. Now that Cat has made a electric dozer D7E, will Cat make a electric drive grader? Imagine a 160E.
They probably have something on the go already.