• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some freshly painted equipment

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Two of our haul trucks...these are '98's....had some downtime so we cleaned em and sent off to paint...also one of our '98 CL's

Attachments

• haul trucks 007.jpg
    haul trucks 007.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,352
  • haul trucks 006.jpg
    haul trucks 006.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,349
  • haul trucks 005.jpg
    haul trucks 005.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,334
  • haul trucks 004.jpg
    haul trucks 004.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,326

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Beautiful job:notworthy Now you have to weigh whether you want to keep them clean or scratch that paint:thumbsup

-Jim

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
yea thats the hard part lol...gotta do a pond job and probably gonna need all the trucks..oh well has to happen sometime

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Well if ya gotta use them, that is what they are there for... I'm having trouble making out the numbers are they D400 or 350?:beatsme Share the photos, if you can, when you do scratch the paint.:Cowboy

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
The problem now with the haul trucks like those Cats is getting tires for them contractors here are on waiting lists for tires for loaders, articulated trucks etc. China bought up most of the worlds supply of tires so contractors and gravel mines like LaFarge are having a h*ll of a time getting tires.

I picked up 6 tires for one of the contractors for a Cat articulated dump like 550 posted each tire is 4000 dollars each plus tax. For 6 tires it was 26,000 dollars.

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
yeah the tire "shortage" is getting riduculous. we waited 6 months to get 60 percenters for our 621 water pull. i think we paid 5 grand a piece for them. crazy!!! i am sure tires will be an excuse for no raise this year...lol:crying

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
yea we run goodyear on all of the equipment... we replaced the tires on our other AHT a couple years ago, thats always a large bill to pay...

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
The tires I picked up were Michelins probably more expensive than the rest but thats all what the tire shop could find they were lucky to get them. One of the gravel mines on the coast is searching for tires they recap and fix what they can. Some of the haul truck tires are worth 15,000 dollars they are having troubles getting those.

D10N

Occupation
Catskinner extraordinaire
Our haul truck tires (40R57) are running $26,000-$32,000 each, and we're only getting a limited supply each month. Gunning for 50K miles before replacement/wear out.

Been lucky so far and haven't put anything on blocks, but they're saying now that the tires for the rubber tire dozers and loaders will be even more of a nightmare this year. Fixing to put chains on the rubber tire frontends to increase tire life.

I thank God I just got transferred up to Morenci, where the rocks are a little easier on equipment.

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Huh! So that's what a D350 looks like with real glass, and paint, and straight sheetmetal, and clean, ....I need a job somewhere else! Nice equipment.
alan627b

Occupation
owner of ProTek Sandblasting & painting
Nice pics, just wonderin was it an enamel system or epoxy/urethane. anyways its nice to see ppl keepin equipment lookin good, i have been painting equipment for about 18 yrs now and from those pic the paint looks pretty consistant. hope it lasts long time.

Ps The first scratch is always the worst!!!!

Occupation
owner of ProTek Sandblasting & painting
decals are faily cheap and add that final touch to freshly repainted equipment. as well as break up the colors. amazing how a decal will bring up the finished project.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
How do you think Ritchie Bros sells worn out equipment is with a 5 gallon rebuild and new decals it makes the machine look new again. I think they buy Cat yellow by the tanker fulls the real added touch is the yellow over spray on the tires :bouncegri

rino1494

How do you think Ritchie Bros sells worn out equipment is with a 5 gallon rebuild and new decals it makes the machine look new again. I think they buy Cat yellow by the tanker fulls the real added touch is the yellow over spray on the tires :bouncegri

haha, yeah.......I wonder how much they charge for that.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
The customer askes them to clean up the machine and paint it to get a better price out of it. Its funny how shiny things make people buy stuff. When you are a veteran Ritchie Bros attendee you look over a machine with a fine tooth comb especially if its gotten a 5 gallon rebuild. Sure as **** its worn out.