• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Solution for the 580K bent bucket blues

DualsportWA

It seems like the Case 580K bucket top edge/lip is not built real strong- or people frequently do stupid stuff, or both. When I bought my 580K, the bucket was bent badly from someone yanking on something with the giant hook that's welded there. So for a while I've been scheming and collecting the assortment of crap needed to straighten this sucker out. After learning the hard way that my I-Beams and jack needed to be chained in place, we had a successful push - now I'm ready to weld on the hooks for the forks I just picked up!

IMAG1913.jpgIMAG1915.jpgIMAG1936.jpg

CatToy

That looks like some kind of tractor bucket torture device, but it all is well that ends well.

Juskatla

Occupation
Retired
Good fix. A couple of hooks welded on near the outside top corners of the bucket would spread the load and reduce the chance of bending the top at the centre when lifting heavy stuff on the single point. I have seen reinforcements added to the top but some look pretty ugly.