1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Solar power

Discussion in 'Generators/Gensets' started by Cam85, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Cam85

Cam85 Senior Member

All good points am thinking a float is not the best way to go am rethinking the matter and am leaning towards a small truck with a crate plenty of room easier to mount solar panels on and weight is no longer an issue.

If nothing else we have established one thing the fence is better off as a stand alone unit

2. Cam85

Cam85 Senior Member

The small truck opens a world of opertunity gas fridges , generater plumbed strai to fuel tank heavier aircon units and so on big belly tanks for water a bed instead of a swag rolled out in the back of a float. I've gotta b nuts all this just for 3 horses and a few camp drafts a year

3. Cam85

Cam85 Senior Member

After some googling and a lot of thought I think I have arrived at a happy medium with a crate on a small truck like a hino or Isuzu with 2 solar panels on top 2 deep cycle batteries 2 engel fridges 1 per battery a couple led lights the electric fence as a stand alone unit the climate control unit as a stand alone unit 240 volt job along the lines of a reverse cycle inverter style unit with a small petrol generator along the lines of a 2.5 kva silent Honda to run it and a battery charger to top up the battery's wat could go wrong like Greg says suck it and see gas hot water 12 volt pressure pump.

I reckon I can do it for about 25 grand whitch is about 5 grand deerer than a float and about 5 grand Cheeper
    than a goose neck with much Moore potential for add on things down the track without having to warrie about weight
    And ur not killing ur ute.

Hey Greg have u thought about decking out a shipping container and shifting it with a tilt tray instead of the gooseneck am thinking about doing this myself as a mobile camp then put it on a dog trailer when finance permits

4. GarrettS

GarrettS New Member