• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

So, if you had to get rid of this crane...

Dualie

IF it was 1000 mile closer i would have a guy with a check there tomorrow but the transport costs would eat him alive getting that back to CA.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Donation for tax deduction has many requirements attached and is not the answer for moving old iron for better than scrap metal prices. The value of any machinery is based on its condition. The better way to say that is how long the machine can still produce revenue or how much money has to be spent so the machine can produce revenue.

Iron Planet will require an inspection that will reveal most if not all the problems areas of the machine. Ritchie Bros. doesn't care about any problems. In auctions which have no reserves you have absolutely no control over the price and you still have to pay commission and incidental costs. You can set a reserve but you will likely not sell the machine. If you need money quickly, auctions are the way to go. If you need a certain amount of money, you are likely to be disappointed with an auction.

What I might suggest is finding a different dealer with a decent reputation and see if they will consign the machine. It will take some time to sell and might require some money in making it operational but that is probably the best you can do.

What everyone seems to forget is that equipment makes money and is used up by operation. After you have used it up, you have maximized the money you can make on it. Now you have to liquidate it at your expense. That is why so much of it just sits.

Dualie

You should see some of the cranes were currently rebuilding. im having to build a cab from scratch due to salt air eating it completely out. The rust was so bad that the back window fell out while it was ridding the lowbed. surprisingly theres not alot of rot structurally speaking. just some surface rust on the boom and hyd tank.

That unit has value beyond scrap price to someone. Like i said if it was 1000 miles west i would have a guy there tomorrow with a check.

Dinale Precast

sounds like something a concrete precaster might use as a yard machine there are a couple in my area that use groves now ,might be worth more for parts than scrap i'm within 150 miles of it so i'll check with em

Your right there. I love the RT cranes. This one would complement my P&H omega 15t that I have. It lives in a storage paddock and moves around steel moulds and shutters.