• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Snow Plow 2013

Curbster

Occupation
Prime Digger on Dog Hill
Well, it's been a slice, and I'm slowly learning about these new-fangled machines, but don't know too much yet! Not that I ever did, but.....:pointheadSide view.jpgSteering,gears,tilt,articulation.jpgWing.jpgBlade controls.jpgLeft side.jpg

Curbster

Occupation
Prime Digger on Dog Hill
Maybe a few more. Especially the area where there used to be a steering wheel!No steering wheel.jpgLights,wipers,heater,etc.jpg

Curbster

Occupation
Prime Digger on Dog Hill
We use type of cutting edge for snow and ice only. It really cuts through the ice and hard packed snow if you roll the main blade downward a bit. Also leaves enough gravel and sand on the road - where it has been previously sanded, for pretty good traction. They don't work very well for gravel grading though. Probably lots of different applications for different types of grading and I'm sure some other operators have used them in different situations. They last pretty good if you don't use excessive down pressure. I don't use "float" very often as you can go "diving" in a hurry when you hit the softer spots!:)

Curbster

Occupation
Prime Digger on Dog Hill
Both wing and main blade have doubled up edges on them. Not single segments but two lined up together, so each blade has four pieces instead of two. This really gives them extra life - depending upon operator usage, as you can still burn them out pretty fast if you get too aggressive. This company maintains a 12km ski hill road that becomes very glazed with traffic and excessive braking by the whiz kids who consider it to be another downhill racetrack. These blades leave traction material on the road instead of a smooth flat blade result.