• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Small coffer dams?

Tinkerer

In regards to pushing the slab out with a dozer; I considered pushing mine out also but I was concerned with the possibility of the front edge of the slab digging in and going down and burying itself in the subgrade.

engr.fawad

Building small dams

I was searching for this topic and found this artice and want to share it so others can benifit

small dams

Code:
http://www.enggpedia.com/civil-engineering-encyclopedia/articles/1559-how-to-build-small-dams-small-dam-construction

buckfever

How about tall jersy bariers. You could set them with a excavator and seal the seams with mastic that you use on manholes.

mark edwin

Occupation
resale properties, pre-cast concrete, trucking
what about an articulating pre-cast concrete boat landing I've seen them somewhere. You could leave a cable loop in the ends of each section for anchoring. They looked to be 1 or 2' by the width of the boat landing with each section tied to the other with cables.

john1066

Concrete wall blocks 2x2x6 stacked 2 high with plastic draped over it. And place sand bagson the bottom of the wet side
Then rent a 6 inch pump and suck it dry. Or place a couple trench boxes in the water and fill them with dirt to the water level then when you are finnished dig out the dirt and pull boxes

casecx28

I have a similar problem that I am working on.
Have started working on the 1000 sandbags I will be using
Right now it is impossiable to get any sort of machine even near where the work is being done with out tearing down the houe :-(
So far I am Digging, NH soil with a shovel and hauling out in 5 gal buckets. After a day of that filling sand bags is a relief.

Any hints about a best way to stack the bags?
I will be in ~2' of water this fall at draw down

PipeGuy

I once thought about using Hancore Pipe for a coffer dam. Have it fabricated with caps on the ends and a port or two on the side. Then float out the pipe to where you need the dam and pump the pipe full of water and let it sink into the mud to seal the bottom. I have yet to have a project to try it on but in my crazy mind it seems to work

rabia

Banned
i think you can use combination of sandbags and white sheet. it will be a good option.