• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

small "Bobcat" articulated wheel loaders

trombeur

small "Bobcat" articulated wheel loaders:

hi I noticed in some article on the net that bobcat produces or has produced with its brand and its livery small articulated wheel loaders similar to the Italian Venieri or palazzani, similar to the Atlas, why they have never expanded their market to this type and tonnage of machinery, I do not think there is much market, strange that they do not produce backhoe, they are very versatile machines both on construction sites and on farms farms and forest works, even manitou told me that it makes small earthmoving machinery more suitable for agricultural use, you know nothing , thank you

20201016-superior-performance_fc_full_wrap.jpg

Bobcat compact wheel loader
bobcat_chargeuse2.png.webp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.manitou.com/en-TD/our-machines/articulated-loaders

https://www.manitou.com/en-AL/our-machines/compact-loaders
no-locale

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Bobcat made a wheel loader back in the '80's as well.

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
Kubota makes them too. Was wondering about trading my svl75 in for a r640. 11000lb machine. I just use the svl around the farm, sometimes do some work for my builders like backfilling the lines I dug or graveling a slab. But mostly its just for small stuff around the farm. Problem is it tears the yard up and my gravel driveway. Kubota just re-did the cabs on the wheel loaders, look nice. But the svl is great for grading around the cows, you can really see the bucket edge and cut great swells. Tough decision.

Tags

I have an SVL 90–2 and a Kubota R630 wheel loader, if there’s any mud at all or it’s slightly slick you can forget about using the small wheel loader for anything productive, the track loader around your farm is probably the way to go.

Welder Dave

The Manitou looks to be telescoping so not an apples to apples comparison. Bobcat had 1600 and 2400 models of articulated loaders but they only lasted a few years at most. The new one you posted is bigger and looks like a nice machine.

NepeanGC

Occupation
#dirtherder
I own one. Traded our Versahandler for it. So far we like it a lot. I'm able to unload 5600 lb stacks of retaining wall blocks on and off our deckover trailer with it, though that does feel like the limit. Works well when paired with a 5-10ton mini ex when working on asphalt/concrete. Lifts high enough to load our triaxle, though I do wish it lifted about 6" higher. Reach is at mid height is quite phenomenal. The buckets leave a bit to be desired, and I wish it had a return to dig function...can't have everything though.

Attachments

• IMG_4154.jpeg
    IMG_4154.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26