• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Slightly bent Hino

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Don't know much about it, I came across it in my travels yesterday... When I went to take pictures of it a guy came over and told me the deck fell down, they were hauling loam with it at the time... He thinks his boss wants $2500 for it as is... Don't know anything else about it...

Attachments

• HPIM5181.jpg
    HPIM5181.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,137
  • HPIM5182.jpg
    HPIM5182.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,147
  • HPIM5183.jpg
    HPIM5183.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,162

Cat is ALL

LOL 2500!!! Scrap metal isn't worth that much these days is it? That truck is scrap with a frame like that.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
welds piff just bend it back and bolt some 3/8x 5' plate on there good as new.... Ya'll ought to see a logging truck we converted to a water truck. The frame flexes 1.5-2" when its loaded driving on ground thats a little bumpy.

Hendrik

How are trucks stretched? No welds?
I think they get whole new chassis rails, build to the custom size.
Might pay to ask this fella
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdi1RyBD4E
Far as that Hino goes, they should have extended the reinforcing all the way along the chassis rails, you can see how it bend just where the reinforcing stops.
More than likely it bend while tipping, as it appears the hydraulic ram sits in the middle as opposed to the front where they usually reside.
Either that or the body was not lowered all the way and 3/4 of the weight was sitting in the middle.

Last edited:

Cretebaby

sure it could be...it wouldn't be road legal though...no welds on the frame according to DOT

an extra rail is BOLTED IN that is how it is done here, and that hino is junk or more then what was when it was built

I think they get whole new chassis rails, build to the custom size.
Might pay to ask this fella
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdi1RyBD4E
Far as that Hino goes, they should have extended the reinforcing all the way along the chassis rails, you can see how it bend just where the reinforcing stops.
More than likely it bend while tipping, as it appears the hydraulic ram sits in the middle as opposed to the front where they usually reside.
Either that or the body was not lowered all the way and 3/4 of the weight was sitting in the middle.

The ones a friend of mine do are both welded and have a bolted "bandaid" in side the frames rails.

Depending on the application they will move the axles back as far as possible and add the frame after the axles.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
The failure is nothing to do with the manufacturer. It looks like the truck is being used in a dump truck application, or at least weight wise it is. That chassis is an extra long and design for 5-6 tonnes payload at best. 5 cubic metres of loam will go seven tonnes loam and it would need to be spread thin and even. The extra long chasis is for light goods...not dirt.

oversize

Occupation
low loader driver
I would like to know more about this could you show the rule ?

OK the Hino could be repaired, There is a rule over here, that there is to be no welding to sides of rails, so you wood have to replace the rail or cut and have patch rail placed in behind and drilled and bolted. I have seen this type of repair done but not very often as it nearly worth more then the truck is so yes it can be repaired but it is not worth it