• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SkyTrak 6036 drive trouble

Rtaylor

I have a couple of SkyTrak 6036's of varying age. They each occasionally have an issue with not moving when placed in gear. The park brake is off and the electrical to the valves is fine. You can place in gear and wait for a bit then they will usually start moving. I have changed the transmission fluid and filters and checked to be sure there was no trash making a valve stick. Has anyone else had this problem and figured it out, we have had mechanics look at them but to no avail, said everything was fine.

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
Are these legacy's? If they are pull the hyd pump back, completely remove the trany charge pump, on the drive you will see a cone with four stamped "****" on the outer edge, they are probably wore off, also the cone is wore on the shaft. When them "****" are gone the torq wont charge. The nearest trak dealer should get these from ZF. If they can't let me know. If they are non legacy ingnore all this advice. wes

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
If your serial# starts with 16000 or 1600 that's still a ZF transmission, I'd take a look, 30 min job. I've seen it many, many times, doing exactly what your talking abought. Easy check is to pull the dipstick first thing in the mourning before you start it, it should be abought 3 inch's over the full mark, start engine and immediately pull the dipstick again, if all is well the oil will be on the full mark, if it is still high the torq isn't charging because that cone is bad and won't let oil past.