• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SkyTrak 6034 telehandler Needs BSD 442 ford 268 ribbed block engine fits ford tractors rare expensiv

Coaldriver

looking at buying a used SkyTrak 6034 telehandler with no engine.
The man that has it for sale said he took the engine to a machine shop to prep for overhaul and someone stole the engine block from machinist shop.

I have looked around and found out how expensive a ford 268 or BSD 442 Engine is!
Apparently the engine is desirable and also fits ford tractor 5000 6000 7000 8000 9000 series tractors and ford backhoes. The updated engine is called a ribbed block which is what the SkyTrak used. Why would a telehandler need a Webbed/ribbed block? It has extra reinforcements in block for better strength. I’m not sure a telehandlers needs the webbing but I’m sure it helps a tractor with no frame.
Does anybody know where I can find/buy one? Price? Or what other machines/tractors may have same engine that I could find? Seems like every place I call wants a fortune or someone beats me to the sale. The tractor guys are on point with finding for sale engines.

I appreciate it. Btw: Anyone know more about these engines? What else can I use in its place easily if I can’t find one? Thanks!

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
A cummins BT4 should fit. Ford Versatile 276 and Versatile 276 is the same tractor but one has the Ford engine and the other a Cummins