• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skytrak 10054 fork boom hydraulic hose repair.

Roadoil

So I bought this Skytrak 10054 2014 at auction and the fork lift boom hydraulic hose is bad looks like they did some rube zip tie attempt at repair or maybe keep the spraying fluid from going 10 feet.

Have seen some keep the boom retracted loosen hose connections at cylinder and steel line take apart rear track wheels use a para cord or similar to pull new hose through.

Have heard some say u need to extend boom all the way out.

Any tips appreciated. IMG_0357.jpegIMG_0358.jpegIMG_0359.jpeg

Andy1845c

Occupation
Electrician
Not the same machine as mine, I have a Lull, but I just did these hoses and what I did was with the boom retracted tied a rope to the hose and pulled it out, pulling the rope into its place, then tied the new hose to the rope and pulled it in. I was able to do this myself without a helper. Mine has some clamps in the boom I had to undo. I'd imagine yours will too.

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
Been years since I messed with one; But we would tack weld the (JIC?) pipe plug for either end together so the new hose would feed through as we pulled out the old one. As to what position the boom needs to be in, I couldn't tell you. JLG should have the manuals on their site IIRC.

Roadoil

IMG_0411.jpegIMG_0412.jpeg

Ok thanks for the replies had the boom all the way out after I capped the line the rollers and clamps for the hoses obviously are not reachable so looks like you gotta remove and replace the line with boom retracted.