• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sky Trak 6042 transmission issues

ianpatstew

I have a JLG sky trak 6042 that is having some transmision problems. After starting the machine, it often takes 15 or 20 minutes to get it into gear. Once it gets into gear, it seems to operate fine for the rest of the day. The rest of the hydrualics seem to operate fine. I'm not sure if it is coincidence but, it seems to go into gear sooner if the leveling hydraulics are extended all the way to one side and then back the other way a few times. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

aerolift

It been about 6 months since that was done, maybe 150 hrs on the machine since then.

We own/operate about 70 of the SkyTrak 6042/6036 teles in our rental fleet. Call Steve at 734.516.5675
He may have some advice for you. We also have nearly every part and attachment for the SkyTrak tele is stock, if needed.

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
Remove the hyd pump, then remove the trans charge pump. Then pull out the thru shaft, on this shaft is a stamped steel cone that seperates oil from the valve body to the tourqe convertor. that cone is worn out. wes

Old Ranch

Remove the hyd pump, then remove the trans charge pump. Then pull out the thru shaft, on this shaft is a stamped steel cone that seperates oil from the valve body to the tourqe convertor. that cone is worn out. wes
Did replacing the cone fix your problem?? cause I'm having the same problem