• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skip Loaders.......

engin42

details on cat skiploader

Couple of details on the Fox skiploader mentioned--it wasn't a Cat 416, but it shared some of the same components. The engine, axles, and transmission were common to the Cat 416, but the rest of it was unique to Fox. The 3 point hitch and the box blade were Gannon. It was peddled pretty much as if it were all Cat, and some dealers took the Fox decals off. For all the "Cat Components", most of the 416's components aren't quite pure cat--the engine is Perkins (Perkipillar, now), the transmission is Turner (now maybe owned by cat?), the rear axle is New Holland, and the front axle is ZF. I think they have since moved on to Carrarro axles, though. Fox is unfortunately gone.

Tex

I have a Case 570XLT skip loader......can anyone tell me where to go ( on the internet) as to verify the year it was made?

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
You might try the National Equipment Register (www.NERUSA.org). They have some expertise with reading Product Identification Numbers (PINs). Although you will probably have to call them with a request like this. I don't believe they have a Find Year of Manufacture service online.

Tex

I looked up the site you shared, it is geared towards stole equipment, and registering your equipment. Thanks for the try though.

JAK5

Check out what they used to call DoMor. This thing was the ultimate "skip loader"... Do a search on HEF and there is some pretty good info on them, its worth the search. Incredibly handy rig, the company I used to work for and quite a few of them.

9420pullpan

To all of you West Coast boys in need some pics of an Asphalt Float in action. If you have any pics please share. I want to get on over here on the east coast, gotta sell it to the boss first.

thanks

That_Fulla

Over in california everyone has one of these for landscaping and paving. Not very common in NZ though. You can sure get some work done with them though. With wheel weights, clam bucket and a ripper box they suit many small scale jobs.

roadrunner81

Occupation
Managing member KSR Excavating, LLC
I've spent my fare share of time on a 570L skip loader fine grading for over 1m sq ft of sod within the last two years. Very versatile machine, only draw back of the 3pt set up over a standard TLB is lack of weight on rear axle so pushing into a pile requires 4x4 and no back hoe. I've also got mixed feelings on the clam shell bucket as its so thick it has a lot more resistance going into a pile and adds to the 4x4 need. Other wise a great machine, much faster than a skid steer and leaves a ready surface unlike a dozer.

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
Nice skip loaders here. I don't have much information about these machines but I admire them because they're look very awesome.