• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid steer trencher options?

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Hi All
Haven't posted much on here for a while, but as there are alot of skid steer users on here I thought i'd ask the question.
I have a customer looking for a trencher for his skid steer, but he has concerns about driving in reverse all the time! Is there any out there that doesn't need to travel backwards?

Just looking for options and opinions at this stage!

Look forward to hear your thoughts

Aiden

bobcan

I doubt that there would be/ should be, for the reason that you could Severely Stress Out the device by jamming it into some unfriendly ground _ unless the unit had sensor that knew what was going on and STOPPED the Drive System immediately!!

That being said, this site is great and someone here may well have seen such a tool with cutter 'reversed' somehow, or know more 'real reasons' than mine which is based upon Mechanical Engineering background and practical Farm Knowledge I have gained, some of from mistakes too, of course.. Ha!!

PDG X

Occupation
Owner Operator
This has been out for a few years. Never seen one in person and adds another level of complexity, but could be a viable option if needed.
Trenching in reverse is a pita though.

http://sidetool.com/products/skidsteer/sidetrencher.html

Tags

That thing looks great.....as long as there are no rocks.....not sure how it would work here in the northeast