• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

skid steer or wheel loader which one to choose and when. which applications and working conditions

trombeur

excuse the trivial question from the layman, when to choose a mini wheel loader when a crawler what difference that merits defects that performance, such as strengths, I remember the first tires about 25 years ago were conceived as mini backhoes, they did everything for construction sites small, had a front bucket to dig, a small excavator was assembled and transformed into a backhoe, the forks were assembled and it became a forklift or a small crane to lift, load and move loads I remember the legendary bobcat. what can you tell me about what evolution it has had in the market, what applications in construction sites and in agriculture. thanks waiting for clarification.

Backhoe_Att_pic5.jpg

https://cdn.agriland.ie/uploads/2020/09/Backhoe_Att_pic2_red-750x450.jpg

Backhoe_Att_pic2_red-750x450.jpg

bobcat-r-series-m2-series-loader-family-lineup-v4_banner_hd.jpg

images

imagehandler.ashx

classic 743 yerar 80/90
img.axd

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I think it's fair to say that the skid steer was the world's first tool carrier. The quick-tatch plate up front made switching tools pretty quick and effortless and made the machine much more versatile. There isn't much you can think of that hasn't been made to fit the front of a skid steer. The solid frame and short wheelbase makes it a stable and maneuverable platform too.

Today you find that same quick-tatch plate on ag tractors and all wheel drive utility vehicles and smaller wheel loaders. Medium sized wheel loaders have a similar quick attach system for different tools. I think the amount of space you have to work in and the speed that you need to travel would determine which platform is best for you, but I think they all can trace their roots to the skid steer.

trombeur

I believe but I could be wrong in fact I ask for your opinion as experts that the most versatile for each job would be the 3 tonne one, but my dilemma would be better rubber tracked (both for construction site application and for agricultural field work a versatile machine handyman depending on the need)? which current brands and models to choose and which ones to discard? classic
743 timeless and very popular bobcat
'or other brand and model? thanks I wait for confirmation

Skid_Loader_porta_Trivella.jpg

Skid_Loaders_2.jpg

Schema_Tecnico_Skid_Loaders.jpg

https://www.camsind.com/skid-loaders/

Skid_Loader_Spazzaneve.jpg

CM20190913-79298-23e21

CM20190723-df931-b2bdb
multi terrain?

C602772

https://www.cat.com/it_IT/products/new/equipment/skid-steer-and-compact-track-loaders.html

???