1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

skid steer coupler on miniex

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by hiluxman, May 18, 2011.

1. hiluxman

hiluxman Well-Known Member

saw a guy with a kubota miniex and it had a skid steer coupler has any one seen this the bucke was forwerd and a bucket mat have its place but some attchements would be useless like a broom

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp Senior Member

I 'think' it would useful to have a skid steer coupler on the mini x. I think being able to use pallet forks on some places would be nice. An auger and eliminator rake is others that come to mind.

3. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    I think a breaker would be handy in some applications as well. There was a company that was marketing this attachment. It was about 2500 for my TK I remember. I have not seen them advertising recently, they may have hit the turf.

4. hiluxman

here it is its made by rockhound but sold at skid steer solutions and why not just get a excavator breaker a skid loader copuler as way to wide for a breaker say you are breaking at the bottom of a trench you cant getthe breaker in the trench you can only use it in a job that has no walls or in trench so it wont work i think it's more for attchents like forks, 4 in 1 buckets, grapple buckets, and reguler buckets and just think if you had a 4 in 1 it whould be a scaled donw minning shovel snice it has a opening bucket if its a Cat 303cr it can be called a Cat 5303cr snice the cat minning had a 5 in front of the number

http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Excavator_Hook_up_Attachment_p/hook-up-01.htm

5. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    Thats why I said some applications. I don't often have to break rock in a trench but do at times have to break steps or porchs that I cant get at with a skid steer and being able to immediately go from excavator to skid steer with a breaker would be handy. For those tight jobs where the wide stance of the skid steer coupler would get in the way it would not help but there is still a lot of applications for the idea.

6. hiluxman

What about a brushcat type attachment on a mini ex. And also a Snowblower or is that just silly

7. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    The problem is the low flow of typical excavators would struggle to run those especially the snow blower.

8. hiluxman

but they have excavator mowers and they work great so why is a brushcat any different