• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid Steer Concrete mixer

case310350

Has anyone used a skidsteer concrete mixer, the type you load by driving into the pile and then mix. Looking at maybe getting one, working one the numbers now will most likely rent one first, but would like to here about unforeseen problems.

andrewpond

Hey. I am thinking of same thing. What model u looking at? How much concrete u want to mix? what is concrete used for ie footings or finished floor?

johndeere123

How do you ratio all of your ingredients if you just drive it into the pile? I guess it depends on what quality and quantity of concrete you are looking for.

BlazinSS934

Honestly pricing out concrete / mason sand, bluestone or peagravel and bags of Portland. You can't beat the convenience of sakrete bags. Dependable strong and consistent mixes are worth a few extra dollars in my book.

case310350

Honestly pricing out concrete / mason sand, bluestone or pea gravel and bags of Portland. You can't beat the convenience of sakrete bags. Dependable strong and consistent mixes are worth a few extra dollars in my book.

My aggregate suppler has concrete mix minus the Portland cement at 25 yd. these skid steer mixers make 1/3 yd and you add 1 bag of Portland to the mix, so your looking at less than $50.00 per yard. Last time I checked it was 120 yd from Hanson and thats for a full load you get 15 min to unload it. its 25.00 for every yard under 6. it take 27 bags of sakrete to make a yard which comes out to about 120. But the mixers are not cheap about 5k. I may make one, have 80% of the materials. But will rent one, use it, and make an assessment as to worth.

Nolimit

I have a 1/3 yard mixer for my bobcat called the scoop and mix. It comes in handy for really small jobs ie. filling a couple of fence posts. I would never use it for pouring actuall slabs, driveways etc. just too slow. But it's a cool toy to play around with if you have a very small piece to pour. The economics of making concrete with a decent strength with it vs a ready mix don't add up either unless you can avoid the small load fee- in my area anyways.

BlazinSS934

I use it in a municipal setting, water district. We do all of our own restoration work, it's hard to get a contractor out to pour 12 foot sections of curb or a few flags of sidewalk. Benefit of the sakrete is the 5000 psi mix is approved by NYS DOT so we can use that for sidewalk on state roads

adamdf2000

We use a concrete mixing bucket for our cat that can mix 400 liters of concrete (0.4m3), works great! we order concrete mix from our supplier and 4 bags of 40 kg portland cement and we have a 25mpa mix. great unit, we purchased it from Italy last year and its paid for itself within two months.

AlldayRJ

Can you guys post some links or pics?
I was thinking of taking my old gas muller mixer, mounting a hydraulic motor and some hoses and letting it rip.

Anyone see a huge advantage to one of these vs a tow behind mixer? Besides one less engine to maintain?