• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid Steer 247b

Dtorres1978

I tried searching post can’t find anything that relates to my problem. We are very new to using Skid Steer. 2007 247b. Yesterday I was running it when all of a sudden I felt the skid steer losing power than shut off. I checked all fluids hydraulics, engine oil, fuel, and even checked the fuel filter. It will start then all of a sudden shut down. Right now it’s in my driveway blocking my access. Please help!

ThreeCW

ThreeCW

Your 247B has the same fuel pump as my 242B (see attachment)
And part of that fuel pump contains a small filter basket that filters out the big pieces before the main fuel filter.
I had a similar problem to you and it turned out that the filter basket in the mechanical fuel pump was plugged with debris. There is lots of places in a fuel system to develop plugging, but be sure to consider the filter basket as a possible problem spot in your troubleshooting.
See my post of this problem which also includes my troubleshooting process:
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/cat-226-fuel-problem.78929/#post-873504

Attachments

• Pump Assembly - 295-4070.JPG
    Pump Assembly - 295-4070.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 5

Dtorres1978

Thanks problem solved. The Water fuel separator filter was bad. Bought an original one from CAT this morning took awhile but finally got it running. Thanks

the attached filter was the old fuel filter. Bad

Attachments

• E3D44F84-9EEF-4749-89EB-9FA0856DAEA5.jpeg
    E3D44F84-9EEF-4749-89EB-9FA0856DAEA5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

Dtorres1978

That was the filter it came with when I bought it last month. Today I bought the original cat filter. But many thanks to you all that helped.