• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skat trak

CANNONMAN1

Does anyone know of any Skid Steer salvage yards. I am in need of a Perkins diesel engine for a Skat Trak 1700CX Skid Steer. They seem to want a boatload for a reman. and I am wondering if there are used ones out there. Any other ideas? Seems like $7000 for a reman or locals to rebuild is outrageous. The rest of the unit is perfect with only 1700 hours. Just having a hard time justifying putting $7000 into a unit that is only worth $10,000 when fixed.

CANNONMAN1

SMOKEY1, Thanks for looking up any site you may know of. I would really appreciate it. For $3500 I would fix it as the rest of the machine is perfect and I really like how well built and tough this rig is. Thanks again.

smokey1

Occupation
Builder/Owner
post your ser# of the engine, and group type. Also a good sourse is Boat yards and standby generator shops. when I get your ser # I will look up a good price for you.

CANNONMAN1

The engine I am looking for is an 80 hp Perkins 4 cyl. diesel. It says Perkins 1004.4 naturally aspirated diesel. The engine build is #AG70324. The unit it is out of is a Skat Trak 1700CX serial #1342.