• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Single axle dump

adv.wastewater

please post some pics of what you haul and have hauled behind your single axle dumps... I just bought a 98 Kenworth T-300 with a CAT 300hp and 8LL transmission and would like to be able to haul my CAT 304 and CAT 262 on a 20 ton air brake trailer... any thoughts on that? havent bought a trailer yet, still in the market for that.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
No problems loading the mini and skid up behind that truck. A 20T trailer would be overkill for that combo but I am the same way - buy something a little bigger than you need.

I have a 22.5 Ton Betterbuilt trailer built in Double Springs, AL. It's a good trailer not the absolute best but priced economically:cool2. I shop built some longer hydraulic ramps for it after I had it a year because the manual ramps were just too heavy. You may want to check them out, Double Springs is not that far of a drive from B'ham.

I pulled it with a tri-axle, moving my 953, D5, etc. Sold the tri-axle a year ago so the trailer is on loan to a friend of mine. I don't know how a single axle would handle it but I would like to give it a try.:D

adv.wastewater

well, if you figure my 262B with VTS weighs +/- 10,000 lbs, then my 304 with cab and thumb weighs around 12,000.... i think that would be at the max end of a 10 ton, and I would really like to have air brakes..... hard to find on 10 tons... my dad has always had eager beavers, so that is probably what i will buy. have you been staying busy CM????

Turbo21835

We move a bobcat T200, and 430 mini ex on an interstate 9 ton trailer often. The hard part is we have been known to pull the load with a Ford F450, which is legal for 42,000 lbs, but it still makes for some sketchy moments. Luckily for me, since they replaced the transmission on the 450, its been decided that maybe loads like that are not the best idea.

Lately we have been moving our T300 and 430 bobcats with our tandem axle dump and 25 ton interstate trailer. It is certainly overkill, but it is a lot safer combination. We are using the 25 ton trailer mainly because it is our longest non lowboy trailer. It still will not fit any attachments. Well, other than we use the forks, and set the bucket on them, then load on the trailer. But a lot of the time we go to jobs where we need a breaker, and broom. stuffing those in the back of the dumptruck works, but its not the best option, as you have to crawl into and out of the truck, and most of the time you can barely reach into the bed while swinging those attachments in and out.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
trailer

well, if you figure my 262B with VTS weighs +/- 10,000 lbs, then my 304 with cab and thumb weighs around 12,000.... i think that would be at the max end of a 10 ton, and I would really like to have air brakes..... hard to find on 10 tons... my dad has always had eager beavers, so that is probably what i will buy. have you been staying busy CM????

Maybe not the place to sell something, but I can show off my trailer. I bought a 2000 Eager Beaver 10 ton tilt, 21ft flat and 4 1/2ft storage deck, making the hauling deck 25 1/2 ft. The flat storage deck is great for attachment storage, so you can load and unload with the tilt. I bought it for a job and the job got canceled and I dont need anything this nice, just to set around.
This is a very heavy duty trailer, with dual tilt shock rams, most have just one cylinder. I had two coats of tank primer and 2 coats of commerical gloss black paint put on. I also had about 95% of the deck boards replaced, it looks like a new one. It has Dexter axles, with oil baths, good tires (some are new) I am asking $4800.00 for it, Im in eastern NC, if anyone wants a great trailer. Well if anything maybe it will should a great looking trailer
Well I guess the pictures didnt download

Last edited: