• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Simple Deutz 2011 oil change?

Jeff14889

Hi guys, we changed the belt and was pretty dern easy. Thank you for the help (we used the pins to be safe).

Have any of you had fuel flow problems with the 2011? Machine runs rough, then dies like it is out of fuel. I searched the threads and found that there is an in line fuel pump filter which could be clogged and maybe the fuel pump is out. Any advice on parts and procedures would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
There’s also a screen under the cap of the lift pump. Take the two torch or philips screws (can’t remember which they are) off the pull the cover. The screen is under that.

TommyJLG

Hi guys! We're back after a few more hundred hours on the machine and it is running great but leaking fuel in the filter and pump area. I'm changing lines and filters and the Bosch manual push fuel pump and cleaning the fuel screen on the fuel pump and will hopefully have some knowledge to share. Am also changing the oil and thought it'd be a good idea to drain the oil cooler/radiator in case there was any sludge buildup. Swung the engine out and drained everything fine. I have the 4 cylinder 2011 and the manual states that it could take 13 liters. I was only able to drain maybe 8 liters including pan, filter and cooler. The dipstick read between the lines so the oil was not low. Am I missing something?

Also please: Can the radiator/oil cooler be refilled without pulling off the main hoses? (should have thought of that first). If so, how many liters to put into the cooler?

Also, the wire came disconnected from the oil pressure sending unit and the engine died of course. Glad I wasn't up in the lift. I squeezed the blade connector with pliers to make a tighter fit and its tight now. Easy fix but the wires are brittle. Just in case the motor dies on you, check the pressure unit.

Thank you!!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
As for your other fuel leak, you need to check the injection pump units. On those engines each injector has a pump unit. Remove the metal cover just above the filters, two 13mm hex head screws, see if you have wet fuel on one or more injector pump units. Common problem on those engines, where the injection line connects to the pump unit, that fitting of the injection pump unit has an o-ring that seals it where it screws into the injection unit housing, very common for that o-ring to age and leak. It's an easy fix to replace that o-ring if that's what you have leaking. As for the harness wires getting brittle, yes, that's a common problem as well, gets brittle to the point of insulation falling off the wire leaving bare wires, you may notice that as well when you pull that cover off.

TommyJLG

All GREAT info Willie, thank you! The fuel (a lot) is all around the fuel filter so that is probably it for now. I will pick up a replacement base from that supplier. Where can we pick up the o rings please? Ill wrap the wires with 3M electrical tape for now. Thank you!

TommyJLG

Do you think its okay to just replace the amount oil removed from pan, filter and cooler into the top filler which goes into the pan?

TommyJLG

Old Plastic fuel base warped 1.27.24.jpg So the fuel base is warped a good bit and was probably the culprit. I imagine it straightens up when the filter is tightened but this looks extreme. Thank you Willie! New base on the way.

I thought I have a 4 cyl but counted the fuel injectors and only found 3... Manual says 6 liters with filter and 9 liters if you include the oil cooler for engine F3M 2011.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
View attachment 304101 So the fuel base is warped a good bit and was probably the culprit. I imagine it straightens up when the filter is tightened but this looks extreme. Thank you Willie! New base on the way.

I thought I have a 4 cyl but counted the fuel injectors and only found 3... Manual says 6 liters with filter and 9 liters if you include the oil cooler for engine F3M 2011.

YES! That's exactly what I was referring to. I've got brand spanking new ones, OEM Deutz, straight out of the box that look warped just like that and I'm not exaggerating. Since I've started using the die cast metal base from HQ Motorservice I haven't had that problem.

When I change oil on Deutz 1011/2011 engines I typically simply drain the oil pan and change filters, there's really not a significant amount of oil in the cooler. Unless it has an external radiator type oil cooler, then I'll drain that.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
BTW, do you mind if I borrow your picture and add it to the thread I started about that fuel filter base?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I think I have the info on the o-rings at work, I'll check when I go back on Monday. As for the harness, if it's really bad they sell the internal engine harness at HQ Motorservice as well, I've had to replace them on two of our engines. > https://www.ebay.com/itm/153200810626

TommyJLG

Yes, by all means please use the photo.

Thank you for the harness info as well!!

I have the external radiator type cooler. Do you remove one of the top hoses to fill? Holds around 3 liters. Thank you for all the great info!!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If you have an external oil cooler then there should be a fitting near the bottom to drain it. Once you get the plug removed you should be able to crack the top hose fitting to allow it to vent so the oil will flow out better. No need to fill it, that will happen when you start the engine

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
O-ring for the injector delivery valve is 14mm x 2mm. It's not a hard fix, just make sure you clean things well before you do the repair, don't want any dirt getting in the delivery valve port. And be gentle removing the delivery valve, it's been a while since I've done on and can't recall what's in there, maybe a spring and a ball or poppet. It's not going to fly apart, just saying be careful, don't want to drop those bits and lose them.

TommyJLG

Hi Willie, the part is genuine Deutz! and looks super straight. Will install this weekend and share any out of the ordinary install information if there is any. Feel free to use the photos. Thank you again!

Attachments

• Deutz packaging.jpg
    Deutz packaging.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Deutz fuel housing.jpg
    Deutz fuel housing.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

BC Placer gold

Just found this thread, great info guys!

Picked up a 4” water pump recently; powered by a F 2L 2011. Found fuel pump screen very dirty, cleaned. Changed oil/ fuel filters. Running well no issues so far. Pump side is another issue, needs full rebuild…torn apart waiting for parts from Italy (Varisco).

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hi Willie, the part is genuine Deutz! and looks super straight. Will install this weekend and share any out of the ordinary install information if there is any. Feel free to use the photos. Thank you again!

Yes, you can run across straight ones, imagine that! LoL. But be careful, even though it's straight, don't overtighten the fuel filter, that area between the two hose barbs is a weak spot, even though they have an (inadequate) plastic brace there. If you overtighten the filter it will bend the filter housing in that spot.