• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Simon RO 1367 hydraulic leak inside boom.

mekanik

I'm going to pick up this crane truck and bring it to the shop tomorrow. It's a
1988 Simon RO 1367. The owner is using it to build a few building on his
property. He was unloading some trusses and it started leaking hydraulic
oil from inside the boom. The leak happens when you retract the boom.
It has a main boom plus two extensions. The boom is extended and
retracted hydraulically there are no cables. Does anyone here have a
manual for this crane or any experience working on them.

Thanks!
Terry

crane operator

The simon line was taken over by terex, and terex isn't in the boom truck market any more.

You might be able to get info from a old terex dealer. Might.

The guys in kansas city bought the lines from terex, they are load king/ custom one truck source. They used to do all the mounting for terex, and have picked up the old line. That's who I would contact if I wanted any manual pages. https://www.customtruck.com/kansas-city/

Most likely, your going to have to pull boom out from the tip, and replace the seals in the cylinder. It shouldn't be anything exotic, a good hydraulic shop should have all the seals you would need.

mekanik

I checked my email and they got back to me in under an hour. They sent detailed
instructions an exploded view and an explanation of how the sequencing valves work.
Thanks crane operator for the help.

Terry