• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

shuttle resevore leak

mtnman

ive got 3 stripped outbolts on bottom of shuttle case 580b.were it mounts to bell on bottom.way its made i cant rethread anything.thinking about welding nuts on outside of it,or would that b a major f-up.i dont have right equipment to seperate it.i had about a 2in space but was afraid to seperate any further.any ideas would b great.

mtnman

the way its made its indented.to get a bolt in it u have to turn bolt sideways.no way you could drill it without seperating it.i wish it could b done that easy.this is were the prob;em is.i wanted to use helicoil but cant rethread because of indent,thanks for reply anyway.