1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Shredder Hydraulic Pump

Discussion in 'Other Construction/Demolition Equipment' started by John C., Oct 26, 2018.

1. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    These pumps are counterrotating and the bad pump is counterclockwise. It's something to check when ever I can get the charging pressure back up. The charge pressure relief doesn't change the charge pressure for some reason. I'm going to swap it with the one in the other pump when I get up there next.

TVA likes this.
  2. TVA

TVA Senior Member

There’s the chance ( if shuttle and relief valve checks out ) that it might be caused by loop flush valve or orifice, but for that I think is better to remove the pump and give it back to the people who rebuild it.

3. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Things went good today.

I got in touch with the vendor last week and asked him if there was a chance of there being another charge regulator cartridge in stock. He told me there was nothing but thought he had a used one I could have. I got it yesterday and went up and installed it this morning. I knew as soon as I engaged the clutch that it fixed the issue. Then I had another issue. When I turned off the electrical switch for the shredder, the subject rotor kept right on turning. I figured the solenoid coil might be toast but it had the resistance I figured it should have so I pulled it. It is an odd monster in that it is coil and valve all in one piece. I found the plunger stuck in the out position and actually had to take a hammer to knock it back the other way. The pin runs through both sides so you can manually actuate the function and the exposed end was rusted pretty tight. I soaked it in penetrant for about half an hour and then worked it back and forth till it finally freed up. Put it back in an all was well. I'll post some photos.

First one shows the cartridge. I took the old one apart and found the spool stuck. I had to pound it out to inspect it. I left the used one I got from Valin in the pump as it was working correctly. IMG_0617.jpg

Wytruckwrench likes this.
  4. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Regulator in the pump.

IMG_0612.jpg

5. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Directional control solenoid.
    IMG_0613.jpg

6. John C.

John C. Senior Member

The new shredder control box on the right of the engine control box.

IMG_0614.jpg

7. TVA

TVA Senior Member

Good deal! Glad you fixed it without taking it off to rebuilder !
    Looks like I will be working with that pumps open loop brother in size 180 in couple of weeks! Replacing obsolete Brevini pump on 100 ton Ascom travel lift. Owner buying used pump and I need to put that pump on “upgrade” 6BT ( instead of Iveco engine there is on that machine now ), and test both engine and pump what they are capable of before putting machine down for upgrades!
    That should be fun!

8. TVA

TVA Senior Member

Btw, if you ever need parts for these talk to HRD in Pyuallup! They belong to conglomerate and one of the companies in that conglomerate “Attica” sells the Metaris clones ( very decent quality) and parts for Rexroth pumps.

9. f311fr1

f311fr1 Senior Member

ETS in Memphis is the largest buyer of gunuine Rexroth parts in the US. With that being said they are an independant repair shop with very strong ties to Rexroth. Another Rexroth repair facility for hydrostatics is Wooster Hydrostatics. Wooster is the former Rexroth factory repair shop.

10. John C.

John C. Senior Member

I'll keep all that in mind. Right now my contact at Valin did me a hell of a bit of customer service. I think my business on Rex Roth will be with them until something makes it go sour.

Thanks for the info gentlemen.