• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Shipping for 500 lb pallet

AllDodge

Looking for a LTL shipping out fit for one pallet 513 lbs, 4ft x 3.5ft x 3ft high
Fresno CA to KY

AllDodge

Thanks, didn't know Fastenal was a LTL shipper
Just used YRC ship calculator and there showing $230 and 6 days. That's doable
Will see if Fastenal will give a quote

AllDodge

Just looked them up and they list only routes are called Blue Lane and neither pickup nor delivery are in one of their zip codes

Ct Farmer

Look at freightcom.com

Had good prices from them in the past. Their website is a little unruly and you need to set up an account but they get rates from a ton of carriers. They were better than going directly to a carrier.

Joel59

Fastenal goes store to store. I've used it in the past to ship pallets of parts across country. I found it to be very reasonable.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I would jump on that YRC rate, that seems very good. Ordinarily I would use a broker, though. The companies usually mess with you if you go direct.

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
Last I knew, Fastenal had stopped Blue Lane due to the Covid crap. YRC has good rates, I've used R&L with excellent service and Blue Lane was also good when they were working it. I've also used FreightCenter.com with good results.

lantraxco

Yep, as far as I know Fastenal is still social distancing so no freight. Basically they have dedicated trucks delivering to their stores on set routes, so any freight they took in went back to the shipping depot in the empty truck, then if needed would be rerouted through connected depots and finally out with deliveries to the nearest store to the receiver. Good idea really.