1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Shipping A Bucket from Missouri

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by sillej, Jul 22, 2019.

1. sillej

sillej Active Member

Computer Geek
    Hi,

Longtime follower but have only posted a few times. I have found a tooth bucket for my skidsteer (72") at a great price but looking for a reasonable way to get it shipped from Missouri to southwest Washington. I have bought and shipped machines through a contact I have with a local trucking company but they only want big stuff. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Intekular

2. Bumpsteer

Bumpsteer Senior Member

Mechanical designer
    Fastenall offers truck freight shipments, would depend how close a store is on both ends.

Might be worth looking into.

Ed

old-iron-habit and DMiller like this.
  3. Shimmy1

Shimmy1 Senior Member

Uship. Have used it multiple times, excavator buckets from Skaneateles,NY, to a D61 dozer from Louisiana to North Dakota. Would use it again.

DMiller likes this.
  4. thepumpguysc

thepumpguysc Senior Member

Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
    I've heard good things about Uship also..
    They :usta: have that tv show about the drivers & bidding wars.. pretty good show..but then again I like stupid stuff.. Lol

DMiller likes this.
  5. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Do you know who the buckets from Skaneateles came from? That just happens to be a literal stone throw from my house. Maybe not my 69 year old arm but some young Major League pitcher could probably do it!

6. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt Charter Member

I have used uship and rather than a bunch of hotshots bidding on my business they just quickly came up with freight quotes for common LTL carriers so I did it that way. Just as a common freight broker, quick and easy.

A company that does it similarly but cheaper is freightera.com . Tell them what you want done and they also find an LTL carrier for it, been cheaper than uship for me.

7. sillej

sillej Active Member

Computer Geek
    Thanks Guys I will check into the options that have been offered up.

8. DIYDAVE

DIYDAVE Senior Member

I'd pick a carrier that has a terminal close by, and get a quote from them. Last item I picked up, was a flail mower, about 20 miles from home, just drive to the yard, when it arrives, they load w/a forklift, into my truck...;)

9. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt Charter Member

Well if it is a bucket, I would assume he has a way to pick it up and they can just bring a truck out to his place and grab it with the machine that is going to be using it.

10. Shimmy1

Shimmy1 Senior Member

Carroll Equipment. Best prices I've found on the junk Chinese SEC buckets. I must have got the only good ones made, because after I threw off the useless bolt-on edge it came with, and put a good Cat one on, I've had zero issues with the 6'. Ripper and 30" bucket have also been fine.

11. DIYDAVE

DIYDAVE Senior Member

True, but if you want to save some $, ship to terminal...;)

12. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Okay know that place actually many years ago I bought a Honda 750 motorcycle from that place. Only kept it for a few months as I decided it wasn't fitting in with me for some reason, swapped it straight up for my first XS650 Yamaha!

I think they still have a small place in Skaneateles, but built a larger place a few miles away. Always seems to have a large selection of some oddball looking machines sitting in the lot often wondered if they ever sold anything, never see any activity around the place.
    This link shows their new place: https://www.carrollequipment.com/

13. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals

14. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    I got a good one as well. It is a 48" clean out bucket, I have had it for 12 years, bought it new at a RB auction. Had to repin it for my excavator, but I cant complain one bit about it. Being a cleanout, it doesn't do anything overly difficult, but never the less it has served its purpose very well. Paid $1000 for it, which was plenty at the time, but I couldn't be without it.

15. CASE1234

CASE1234 Well-Known Member

check with zimmermans in versailes. they go all over the country picking up dozers. etc.

16. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Good to know Shimmy. I've been wanting a ripper for my 325FL but just not warming up to the $7K Cat price. Wondered how the cheap SEC ripper would hold up with occasional use.

Shimmy1 likes this.
  17. Shimmy1

Shimmy1 Senior Member

I don't use mine in rock, which is what I assume you would be. I know it's built tough enough to withstand any stress the hoe can put on it, but abrasion is a different story. Here is one for a 325.

https://www.carrollequipment.com/rippers/2492-new-teran-cat-325-325l-325bl-325cl-el300b-322bl

18. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

19. Shimmy1

Shimmy1 Senior Member

At the time, I had 2 pallets. One had the 30" bucket with the ripper inside the bucket, and my 82" tilt bucket was on a second pallet. Shipping was around $1100. The tilt bucket classified as 2 pallets because of the size and weight, price was like $350 per pallet.

CM1995 likes this.
  20. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

That's a pretty good rate. I might give one of those rippers a shot.

We'd use it for rock obviously but it would also come in very handy on demo jobs. Concrete slabs, footings, reinforced masonry walls, etc.