• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sewerline in Portland Oregon

Lashlander

I posted a pic about bedding conveyors and thought I'd post a few more on the same job. This is a deep sewer line in Portland. The trench is close to 30' deep. In the first pic, the crane in the back ground is going ahead driving 12" by 45' H beams in the ground on 8' 4" centers. The hoe digs down about 10' then stabs the steel plate that is 8' by 35' by 1" thick into the H beems and digs and pounds them down. About half way they hang a frame and jack the walls out to secure the trench then finish the dig. After the pipes in the backfill goes in and the last pic shows the crane that follows up and removes the sheets and beams. It also shows the tight quarters we were working in. When I crossed the Vancouver bridge headed to Seattle to ship my stuff back to Kodiak I swore I would never set foot back in Oregon again. So far so good.:Banghead

Last edited:

Blademan

Charter Member
Occupation
Operating Engineer
Great shots , thanks . How many pipe you putting in a day ?
Also , how old is that Koehring ? I haven't seen one around for years and years . Looks to be in good shape . Thanks ,

Rob

Lashlander

Great shots , thanks . How many pipe you putting in a day ?
Also , how old is that Koehring ? I haven't seen one around for years and years . Looks to be in good shape . Thanks ,

Rob

We got 3 pipe and about a third of another dig a day. On the third day we would get 6 pipe. This job took place in 89 so the hoe was only 3 years old at the time. Felton bought it new in 86. They had 3 1066D models too.