1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Service Truck Suspension

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by Cheeto, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Cheeto

Cheeto New Member

Self employed diesel mechanic
    I have a 95 ford f 450 with a service body and IMT 2505 crane. The truck leans to the right hand side (side the crane is on). Would I be better off to go with air bags or helper springs to help level the truck back out?

2. clintm

clintm Senior Member

trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
    the local body company here takes them to the spring shop to add a leaf to level it up after all other acces. are installed (welder,air compressor,ect.) your tools, bolt bins ,oils or other heavy stuff is not on that same side?

3. Mobiltech

Mobiltech Senior Member

Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
    Air bags are pretty cheap and with each bag plumbed in separately you can set your ride height and level anytime you want.

4. Mike Van

Mike Van Well-Known Member

I had a 600 lb crane on my '94 F350, left rear. An air bag by Airlift leveled it right up.

5. driveshed

driveshed Active Member

Hey Cheeto
    I think air bags would be the best route to go for leveling up the truck. I have a 96 ford F350 and I am have a over load problem, I am now looking at a 2006 ford F650 with a 3126 cat. The little 350 only has a 351 in it and a3 speed auto in it and she loves her fuel. I look at beefing up the spring front and rear but it was going to be around $3200.00 and the 2006 has a crane which would be nice good luck and talk soon.

KEEP THE WRENCHES TURNING
    Dave H

6. caterpillarmech

caterpillarmech Senior Member

Field Service Supervisor
    I had my 550 re arched on both sides and added three leafs under my crane. Leveled it up good and didn't mind the crane maxed out.

7. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

On my old C30, I had airbags, with each one plumbed to a separate schraeder valve, so I could just add air to which ever side was riding low. It worked well.